Another Reason Why I Love DFW’s Terminal D

I fly a lot therefore I spend tons of time at DFW. It’s always a treat when my flight leaves from Terminal D because it’s a great place to eat and shop. And drink. Like the night my flight to Italy was delayed and I was so happy to find La Bodega Winery open for business. Now comes word that the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Board of Directors agrees with me. They just named La Bodega Winery, located at Gate D14, “2007 Retail Concessionaire of the Year.” Take that Miami. And Chicago. And Atlanta.

Comments

7 responses to “Another Reason Why I Love DFW’s Terminal D”

1. Lucy says:

I’m so happy for you. Apparently, alcohol is high on your must-have list.

2. Sarah says:

Alcohol is definitely high on my must-have list because I am also a frequent flyer. I agree about terminal D.

3. MIssing Dots says:

Hey genius, why would the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport BOD have any say over other airports (like Miami, Chicago, and Atlanta)? Sounds like the award is limited to Concessionaires at DFW? Maybe you should stay off the booze you Floozy.

4. Found the dots says:

Shouldn’t this be posted as a link to Merrit at BubblePeople, who then tell us to look at SideDish for the real scoop?

5. Nancy Nichols says:

Hey Dot, your missing the point. Duh, on the award being limited to DFW. My point was it’s a great terminal because of places like Bodega. Get stuck in one of those other airports and all you have are chain restaurants and news shops.

6. Don in Austin says:

A while back I had to fly to O’Hare and just hated the idea. While waiting to return I found a bar with great pizza and $2 pints of beer. Hell yes, booze makes a difference to road warriors, and the surprise of cheap beer and good food in an airport terminal trumps so many travel hassles.

7. Sarah K. says:

I actually went to the same little spot in DFW about a month ago, and it is adorable. The wine was fabulous and made my flight much more enjoyable/forgettable. 🙂