Leading Off (03/24/09)

1. The Dallas City Council is considering regulations on parking lots that “boot” cars for non-payment. I would like them to decide what to do on this issue soon, because I have my own plans to start booting cars that take up two spaces at The Monk. You know who you are.

2. A city auditor says Dallas has left nearly a half a billion dollars on the table in not collecting delinquent court fines and traffic fees. Some rightly point out that since most ticket cases are dismissed for lack of evidence or because the officer doesn’t show when it is contested, these fines weren’t really ever due to the city. I would like to ask the city to return the $750 I paid, because, honestly, I had no idea how easy it was to get a ticket dismissed.

3. And a man was arrested this morning after barricading himself in his home with guns. To which Trey says, “And…?” To which Chazz says, “I hear you, Trey.”

Comments

9 responses to “Leading Off (03/24/09)”

1. Troll Doll says:

The Monk parking: Eric, your concept is better than mine. I was planning on hiring Team Impact to move the offending car.

2. RayRay says:

At the risk of having Troll Doll say something about the condition of my breakfast, let me point out that the first link is broken.

3. Troll Doll says:

Well, what did you have for breakfast?

4. trip says:

Who cares if Troll Doll is or is not Bethany, it’s just good to have a Bethany character by any name back on FB.

So RayRay, what did you have for breakfast?

5. RayRay says:

Not Cheerios, I’ll tell you that! It’s not worth the risk anymore.

6. Sway says:

I honestly can’t wrap my head around #2, cause a year ago Dallas detained me for 24 hours for a $10 fine that the JP didn’t transfer to them on a ticket I took care of. And frankly, my time is worth more than $.41 an hour, and yes, I actually had to pay the $10 again to get my $750 bail back.

You think that if we get more guys like Chazz into Dallas, this little problem will be fixed?

7. That shiny dome of yours is a tempting target even if your center mass is a lot smaller than it used to be, Celeste. IJS.

8. Non-snark comment — Really not liking Chazz Redd’s explanation(s). He doesn’t get points for claiming to be a Second Amendment guy. Doesn’t do our side any favors.

Doesn’t do our side any favors.

Yeah, where’s Ted Nugent when you need him?