MD Medical Group will be offering free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at nine of its DFW clinics. The tests will still require patients to be screened for flu and strep throat prior to COVID-19 testing, and appointments are required.
The state of Texas has some of the worst testing rates, and researchers predict that many of the hardest hit areas will be low-income neighborhoods in Dallas, which is also lacking data about who has been tested so far. Making testing geographically and financially accessible is important if the virus is going to be contained.
The clinics test adults and children two years and older, and will be open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Each clinic will be able to test 200 individuals daily.
“Most patients that we are seeing are showing up with flu-like symptoms—fever, sore throat, and upper respiratory complaints,” said Chief Medical Director Dr. Ana Veronica Rodriguez via release. “We are also seeing a lot of positive flu cases amid the coronavirus pandemic. The flu and strep tests will allow us to treat positive cases with antibiotics. We are not only testing, we are also providing treatment to patients that need it.”
Call 1-888-776-5252 to make an appointment at one of these locations:
- MD Family Clinic- 2636 W Walnut St. Garland, TX 75042
- MD Family Clinic- 9991 Marsh Ln. #100 Dallas, TX 75220
- MD Family Clinic- 1111 S Irving Heights Dr, Irving, TX 75060
- MD Family Clinic- 9709 Bruton Rd. Dallas, TX 75217
- MD Kids Pediatrics- 3201 W. Saner Ave. Dallas, TX 75233
- Clinicas Mi Doctor- 410 E Pioneer Pkwy #300, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
• MD Kids Pediatrics- 7800 Preston Rd. #300 Plano, TX 75024
• Clinicas Mi Doctor- 4200 South Fwy. #106, Fort Worth, TX 76115 Denton County
• Clinicas Mi Doctor- 701 S Stemmons Fwy, Lewisville, TX 75067