As 2020 kicks off, we wanted to take a look back at our most read stories of 2019. Our readers are a focused and healthcare committed group, and taking note of our most popular posts help us guide future coverage and learn a little about our audience.
The main thing we learned is that you all are always up for a healthcare fraud story involving local physicians and facilities. From the Forest Park verdict to lesser known but equally impactful bribery and kickback schemes, you all were very tuned in to the goings on in our court system and justice being served.
Two other themes emerged as well. One was changes in the operation of hospital and insurance companies, and the other was leadership changes at the tops of local systems. Large health systems dominate the healthcare landscape, and changes in leadership can make for big shifts in North Texas healthcare.
As we look ahead for this year’s coverage, we will keep lists like this in mind, but we know there are plenty of other important healthcare stories that you all want to know about. If you have an idea for a story or a tip on existing coverage, don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. I can be reached at [email protected]
Here are the 10 most-read stories of 2019. Happy reading!
- Flower Mound Doctor Named in “One of the Largest Health Care Fraud Schemes Ever”
- Forest Park Fraud Trial Results in Guilty Verdicts for Seven
- Baylor Scott and White Out as Operator of Carrollton Hospital
- Forest Park Defendant: “That’s Not How it Works”
- Texas Health Is Reorganizing Its Leadership Structure
- Baylor Scott and White’s The Hive is Buzzing with Healthcare Innovation
- The Best Places to Have a Baby in North Texas
- Two Garland Physicians Suspended by the Texas Medical Board
- Would an Anthem-HCSC Merger Impact North Texas?
- Methodist Health System CEO Retires Ahead of Schedule