The women of D Magazine have had just about enough of Tim and Zac holding court each
week month whenever at Table No. 1 at the Old Monk for the EarBurner podcast. They thought it was high time for new voices to be heard by the long-suffering listeners who subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or their favorite podcatchers.
And so Kathy Wise, S. Holland Murphy, and Catherine Downes invited a couple of guests — mixologist Eddie “Lucky” Campbell and real estate agent John Murray — to meet them at Parliament in the State-Thomas District of Uptown for a tiki- and housing-market-centric conversation. Be sure to hang around for the third act, which will undoubtedly become the most popular recurring segment of the show: “What’s Catherine Putting in Our Mouths?”
A few notes for your edification first:
1. Kathy, Holland, and Catherine chose the name of the show, BraBurner. I had nothing to do with it.
2. The public-domain intro and outro music is a tune called “Naughty Hula Eyes” performed by Andy Iona and His Islanders:
3. Campbell set their tiki drinks on fire:
4. Tales of the Cocktail describes itself as “the world’s premier series of cocktail festivals.”
5. Three Dots and a Dash is a tiki-themed cocktail lounge in Chicago.
6. Murray assisted one of five house-hunting families profiled in the July 2016 issue of D Magazine.
7. Catherine wrote about Meat Maniac’s edible bugs back in March.
8. We hosted a Facebook Live bug-eating contest back in March as well.
OK, now give BraBurner a listen, and tell us what you think about it. Is it so good that Zac and Tim should just retire from podcasting entirely?