APB: There is a Cat Murderer Out There

Whiskey tango foxtrot, people. Two cats in the Skillman/Lovers Lane area have been found murdered in an extremely gruesome fashion (think–Saw or Se7en or something like that). Prediction: whomever gets pinched for this will one day turn out like Jeffrey Dahmer. Also: keep your cats locked up for a bit. Let’s be careful out there.

/editor’s note from Cat Fancy

Comments

25 responses to “APB: There is a Cat Murderer Out There”

1. m2thej says:

I hope they end up like Dahmer- dead. Scum of the earth would harm animals who are someone’s loved pets.

2. amanda says:

I know, I just saw that…there was a similar “spree” in N. Dallas a few years ago.

3. Lisa says:

Cats should never be allowed to roam free. Keep them in the house.

4. DM says:

ick… I just had a trailer run in my head for “Paw”

5. UMAmes says:

Actually, this is the fourth cat mutilation in our neighborhood so far this summer. One was a stray, but three were neighborhood cats. CBS 11 also ran a story last night:

http://cbs11tv.com/video/[email protected]

6. Dave Moore says:

One of our Old Lake Highland neighborhood cats, Mr. Mehrs, met his end on Sunday night/Monday morning. Neighborhood Volunteers In Patrol suspect the culprits are a pack of coyotes.

7. RP says:

UMAmes, Could you email me directly at [email protected] if you have time? We have educational material we can make available to your neighborhood that may be at least help prevent future killings.
    Rebecca Poling
    Companions For Life

8. CJS says:

Lisa, STFU and get some humanity. I bet you’re a bitter dog person who claims to hate cats because you think you have to like one species and hate the other. ANY act like that, on any animal is insanely wrong. Keep your words inside and don’t let them roam free….
    Blech.

9. bill says:

dont worry CJS, you wont have to care for your 47 cats alone, they will continue to be a burden on everybody.

10. Tom Delayed says:

Lisa, many people feel the same way about george w bush, his wife, his mother and his father.

So which birthday is it when the trend reverses and I start thinking more and more of people? There’s just no end to people’s sadism.

12. harrison says:

dont knock it til you try it.

cat stew…yumm.

13. Lisa says:

I have a 19 year old cat. She has never been outside in her life – that’s why she has so far lived to be 19.

14. Jack E. Jett says:

Lisa

I couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t understand how people allow their pets roam the streets. I would be in a constant state of worry. Also, it is a fact that cats live longer when the stay inside AND they it keeps them from catting around and creating more cats.

15. Jason says:

If the cat mutilator reveals himself send him over my way. I will take of this situation in an expedious manner and will take responsibility for cleaning up the mess I make.

16. Don't try this at home says:

A small yellow bird told me DPD detectives are looking for clues in this video tape found near the scene of the crime.

17. News Junkie says:

It’s a coyote. Coyotes are nocturnal predators and 75 percent of an urban coyote’s diet is cat. People often mistake the incisions made by their razor sharp teeth as evidence of a knife. Coyotes, like a lot of wildlife, live among us as their natural habitat shrinks and they are not going away. Next thing we’ll hear is that it’s the work of a bunch of Satan lovin’ teens.

18. RP says:

The SPCA is offering a $ 5,000 reward. Maybe that will help.

19. amanda says:

Jack and Lisa- So true…it makes me sick to drive by yet another dead cat, every day, in Dallas. It makes me even more sad to see, like I did last week, a kid, maybe only 10 tearfully posting a “lost cat” sign on my street. We back up to a creek and have almost daily visits from coyotes, who also just had a huge litter of pups somewhere down stream. It seems so cruel to the cats to have them fend for themselves like that.

20. Dwight Schrute says:

And this is why we need looser gun laws in Dallas. Coyotes are a pest, a varmint, but just try to shoot one in the city and see what a hassle it gets you. Not like out in the country.

Nature is cruel and a kitty is an easy meal for a coyote. That’s just another good reason to shoot coyotes. Also, you can wear their fur.

21. Bill says:

The article says that it was a straight cut but the way the entrails are missing it has the hallmark signs of a coyote. I know one of the longtime landscape foremen in The Village and they have coyotes, foxes, beavers, bobcats, nutria that wander up the little creek(that winds in front of Super Target and Timbercreek Apts) that feeds into White Rock Creek. The Village is kind of caddy corner to where those cats were killed I guess.

This spring I was jogging behind the dam at White Rock Lake around dusk and an ambulance with its lights and sirens on drove up Winstead. From the depth of the fish hatchery came a response of a whole series of howls and loooong barks which sounded just like coyotes. Only place I have 100% ID’ed a coyote was at Greenville and Royal Lane. There are 5-6 coyotes that live in the woods there.

22. publicnewssense says:

Chupacabra.

23. billh says:

I’ve seen coyotes in old lake Highlands, once along Creekmere, right about Lochwood, and once on Easton at Lake Highlands. Actually, I saw two there.

I’m told they are seen pretty often in that area.

I prefer the chupcabra theory though.

24. Wily says:

There’s lots of coytoes around White Rock. We see them at dusk all the time up Williamson and Lawther. For reals.

25. Mitch Miller says:

What’s with this razor-sharp teeth imagery … it’s bogus .. they got razor-dull teeth. Nothing sharp in the razor sense about them. They might be pointed and pack a bunch of jaw power but they ain’t razor-sharp. Can’t shave with an old coyote tooth. Coyote would hungrily slurp up all the various internal goodies. Basically make short work of the entire puddycat …assuming they can catch the ever elusive nearest tree climbing puddy cat. I say two thumbs down to the coyote hypothesis. I like equally as unlikely but at least creative; giant eagle or owl explanation. Still doesn’t fit the forensics. BIG mystery.