I stood in the middle of my closet like a deer in headlights for a full 10 minutes this morning before giving up and shrugging on a black tank top I’ve worn two other times this week, a black blazer, and a pair of jeans.
I’m in need of a sartorial kick in the pants (no pun intended). Big time. So whattya say we check in with a stylish local mama for some inspiration. And this particular stylish mama, the Dallas Galleria’s lovely fashion stylist Holly Quartaro, is clearly not experiencing the same rut as I am. She’s downright enthusiastic about the whole wardrobe thing even, noting, ” I love this time of year! The kids are getting excited for the end of school, the weather is warming up (but not yet blazing), and it’s time to pick up a few new pieces to start the summer off in style!”
Holly I’m digging your moxie.
So without further ado, herewith Holly’s picks for spring.
- Club Monaco Amber Short. Aren’t we all looking for the next great pair of shorts? I love how the scalloped edge of these beauties adds just a little something different. I feel like I will be able to dress them up or down for lots of different occasions.
- BCBGMaxAzria Carly Zipper Tote. Summer means lots of outings with the little ones…and that means lots of stuff! I need a bag that’s big (and durable) enough to hold everything from beach towels and bathing suits to sippy cups and snacks. This bag from is perfect! I don’t have to worry about the PVC material getting dirty, and it looks polished enough for an outing sans kids.
- Smashbox BB Cream. This is the time of year that I look to simplify my beauty routine. I want a lighter-weight foundation (but I still want coverage), and of course SPF is not optional. This one combines light coverage, SPF, and moisture all in one easy step. Fewer steps to get ready? Yes please!
- Carlo Pazolini Wedge Sandal. I have been on the hunt for the perfect brown wedge, and I’ve finally found it. I love everything about this sandal from Carlo Pazolini – the color is perfect and the wooden platform is both stylish and comfortable. I can’t wait to wear these with ALL of my summer looks.
- Zara Striped Dress. I love wearing easy, breezy dresses in the summer. This black and white striped dress is sophisticated enough for work and casual enough for a patio date with my hubby.