Molly Miller, one of two sisters behind the loyally followed A Piece of Toast blog, is a little bit OCD. Just a little. But, man does she make it look stylish. Everything from her cosmetic case to her impeccable office supplies, which she puts to use as the social media editor at Fossil, has a specific purpose and a designated spot in her Phillip Lim Pashli satchel. As per usual, I’m inspired to up my handbag’s cool factor and am immediately adding a few accessories to my shopping list. Take a look.
1. Kate Spade wallet. “I got it on sale–before neon was cool–and it’s held up so well. I always buy her wallets.”
2. Kate Spade planner. “I got it before I left for college seven years ago. It’s my lifeline. I love being able to write things down and cross it off.”
3. Warby Parker eyeglasses. “I love them because they’re inexpensive and the quality is awesome. Their customer service is so, so good.”
4. Archie Grand for J. Crew notebook. “My boyfriend always makes fun of me for making lists, but if you open it, it’s full of tons and tons of lists. Grocery lists, notes from phone calls, everything.” [Editor’s note: I’m a bona fide crazy to-do list maker, but hers blew me away along with her immaculate, color-coded handwriting.]
5. Truffle Petite Clarity bag. “I love this company, and I love that the bag is see-through. The lip guys in here are basic Chapsticks or only have a little bit of color.”
6. Beauty products from left:
Estée Lauder Pure Color Lip Shine in Hot Fuse. “I’ve never worn red lipstick really until I got this.”
Smith’s Rosebud Salve in a tube. “I actually never used Smith’s until I saw it came in a tube because I didn’t like the idea of sticking my finger in their classic tin, but I’m addicted to this stuff now.”
Baby Lips Lip Balm by Maybelline. “This has SPF 20. It has a peppermint scent but doesn’t taste sunscreen-y.”
Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler. “This is the best eyelash curler ever. Don’t believe anyone that tells you that they like the Shu Uemura one better. I’m an eyelash freak.”
7. Louis Vuitton wallet. “It was a Christmas gift from my momma. I used it all throughout college.
8. The Big O keyring. “I live in an apartment that I’m always schlepping stuff in. I like putting it on my elbow so I can carry a bunch of bags.”
9. Theyskens Theory iPhone case. “This was a gift from Theory. My boyfriend says it looks like Donnie Darko, a little mysterious and strange, but I love it.”
10. Elizabeth and James sunglasses. “I’m pretty classic when it comes to sunglasses, but this was a fun purchase when I worked at Neiman’s. They’re a little bossy and glamorous.”
11. Delfonics for Madewell bag. “When I got this handbag, I needed a place to put my stuff. The OCD person in me had to go find an obscure pencil case to keep my pens in.”
12. Pilot Precise pens. “These pens write really thin. I’ll use a different color for each day at work. In my planner I use different colors for the blog, personal stuff, blog to-dos.”
13. Comme des Garçons Stars makeup bag. “That little nugget came from this great online boutique, Otte NY. We just worked with them on a fun collaboration, and I got this from their website.”
14. Mini Voodoo “Skinny Piggy” string doll. “My mom gave Sally and I larger sized string dolls for Christmas, and when we were down at the beach, we found these minis. I have a collection of miniature pigs on my desk at work.”
Update: Molly’s Truffle bag is the petite size, not classic.