Salma Hayek’s soft white Bottega Venetta inspired NARS Makeup Artist, Matthew Vanleeuwen who created her chic yet classic look for the Golden Globes. “She chose a very neutral colored dress and wanted to make sure her makeup look would pop. I made her eyes the focus and added a lot of rich, jewel skin tones and fresh color to her cheeks and lips.” says Vanleeuwen. Follow the jump for a step-by-step guide to recreate Salma’s look.
· Apply the China Blue Single Eyeshadow to top and bottom lash line [Matthew’s tip: “I love using navy colors because they make the whites of the eyes pop.”]
· Next, use the Corfu Cream Eyeshadow as a base, all over eyelid
· Use the golden champagne side of the Alhambra Duo Eyeshadow on lid
· Then, use the Bengali Single Eyeshadow all along the lash line, rubbing it into the lash line, deepening the outer corner of the eye, creating shading
· Curl the eyelashes and apply 2 coats of Black Orchid Mascara on lashes
· Go back over top lash line with the Night Clubbing Eyeshadow and use what is left on the brush under the eye to define it [Matthew’s tip:“This shade is perfect to create a smokey eye – it gives a rich sparkle at the lash line with undertones of green and gold.”]
· Use the Brightening Serum to make skin glow and apply the Makeup Primer
· Apply the Firming Foundation and set with the Loose Powder
· Use the Marnie Lipliner Pencil and Tutti Fruity Lipstick
· Next, mix the Boogie Nights and Greek Holiday Lipglosses and apply them over the lipstick
· Apply the Desire Blush to the apple of cheeks [Matthew’s tip: “I use a powder brush to apply blush. I find that a bigger brush makes a much softer wash of color.”]
· Next, use the Laguna Bronzer with short, back and forth stokes from the back of cheekbone forward, to blend
NARS Cosmetics are available at www.narscosmetics.com and locally at Neiman Marcus and Sephora.