D CEO Healthcare has some of the most loyal readers in North Texas. The region’s thriving and growing medical industry provides ample fodder for great stories, ranging from looks into innovative life-altering technology to scandal-plagued medical professionals.
As 2018 draws to a close, we wanted to give our readers a look back at the most read online stories written in 2018. They range from a sexist doctor running his mouth in a medical journal to the Baylor Scott and White CEO sharing his thoughts on the future of healthcare. Happy reading!
1. “Gary Tigges Resigns From Leadership Roles at Texas Health Plano Following Comments In Dallas Medical Journal”
2. “Davita Rx To Close Coppell Facility, Lay Off 869 Employees After Sale To Walgreens”
3. “Texas Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Find Themselves in Another Contract Dispute”
4. “Baylor Scott & White Health CEO Jim Hinton on Setting a New Strategy, Amazon, and the Hospitals of the Future”
5. “Plano Doctor’s Comments on Gender Pay Gap, and His Apparent Twitter History, Come To Light”
6. “Dallas County’s Struggling Mental Health Provider will Implement Layoffs, a Clinic Closure, and a Salary Freeze”
7. “Despite Turnover, Red Ink, and Other Issues, CEO Says Metrocare Services Has Been ‘Enormously Successful’ “
8. “Report: The Nursing Shortage Is Hitting Texas Hard”
9. “Richardson Man Convicted By Federal Jury In Scheme to Defraud Dallas Medical Center, Others”
10. “Parkland Wins Half of D Magazine’s Excellence in Nursing Awards”