Comments

25 responses to “Tony Romo Stops at Midnight to Help Fix a Flat Tire”

1. Dubious Brother says:

Can’t wait for some of those small town values to end up in Washington D.C.

2. JS says:

What’s he doing messing with flat tires at midnight? Now we’re going to lose to the Eagles. I mean, what’s next? Going on vacation to Mexico the week before a playoff game and dating an attention-deprived starlet?

3. Romo = Mancrush says:

… or to win us a playoff game.

4. amandacobra says:

If it’s all true, it was extremely kind of him. But the “small town values” line makes me think someone is stumping for him.

Ummmmmm Romo/Witten ’08? Post-Season Performance You Can Believe In!

5. This story is awesome. Usually these late-night road-side stories involving cowboys players involve one of them being shot, or drunkenly running over somebody, or crack pipes in some way. Good to see the team image turning around.

=w=
    healthryder.blogspot.com

How come this never happens to me when I have a flat?

7. mike says:

Funny. Just finished reading on TIME web site an opinion by their chief political writer, Joe Klein, that “small town values” are a myth and that the Sarah Palin story is more of an American dream than reality. Those guys in DC/NY/Bos, etc. still don’t get it. Do they?

8. JAX says:

Hope he knows how to change Jessica’s flat career….

9. Nate says:

I’m sure Papa Joe will agree that there are 2 things about Jessica that are definitely not flat! Maybe Tony learned a thing or two from her about inflation, which came in handy on that fateful road side strip mall.

10. JAX says:

Good one Nate!

11. mm says:

I don’t think small-town values are a myth, but neither are they the norm. I grew up in a small town, and there are lots of good people who would do what Tony did, but there also many who would flip you off and laugh on the way to their meth lab.

12. Jay says:

You know what would make this story MORE awesome? A scale model. IJS

13. amandacobra says:

@ mm

But I don’t know that it’s “small town values” that would cause someone to stop and help a stranger out. I think that’s just kindness and there are kind people in big and small towns and it can’t be traced directly back to some sort of Mayberry-esque mythical set of values.

I agree with you about there being good people and tweakers in any small town. Likewise, I have had total strangers on the streets of Manhattan stop and help me pick up the spilled contents of a shopping bag while others pass by dropping F bombs for us clogging up the sidewalks.

I think the flat tire guy was kind of laying it on thick with the “small town values” bit but was 100% on the mark when he thanked the parents for raising a good kid.

14. superkaty says:

i always knew he really was a nice guy. way to go, romo (and mom and dad romo). mom is somewhere reading this with big tears in her eyes…

i have flat tires all the time…maybe i should drive out to valley ranch more often.

15. Jeff says:

Romo is fixing tires – Pacman and a bunch of other cowboys are hitting up the Yucatan club. Anyone wonder why Jerry/Wade would let players play volleyball on a Sat before a Mon night game. Ankle sprain – hello!

16. DGirl says:

He’s no Troy Aikman but that Tony Blowmo is a fine person. Good job, young ‘un.

17. Dallasite says:

Romo is the only person Chuck Norris is afraid of.

18. jrp says:

is it overly skeptical and pessimistic of this Eagles Phan to call bupkus on this story?

i don’t buy it…if i send galloway and email telling him i helped Jessy, um, inflate her tires, would he publish that, too

this is crap and until Romo, the cowboys or someone besides these two Irving residents confirms it, i ain’t gonna believe

19. investor says:

Ask the people in Jasper,Texas about small town values. I guess small town values are good as long as the other person looks like you do and you like everyone knowing your business.

20. amandacobra says:

I kind of smell a hoax too. Mostly because of the “well-dressed” line because rarely do I see Romo in anything but sweats, t-shirt and backwards baseball cap. Can’t imagine him getting gussied up to catch the flight back home. Was he dressed up for a night on the town to celebrate the win? Sure is cutting it close with the plane landing at 11pm and having to squeeze in AAA duty.

I just smell some Papa Joe somewhere in here.

21. mm says:

And if you’ve ever smelled Papa Joe, you know how painful that can be.

22. Tom says:

I can believe that Tony was “well-dressed.” In one of the “Hard Knocks” episodes, Coach Phillips said something about dressing nice for the road trip, and many of the players were in coats, but didn’t have ties.

23. Anne says:

I’ve seen pics of Tony in dress slacks and shirt last year flying to an away game. I can’t remember if there was a tie, but, you could tell it was a very high quality shirt and slacks.

24. amandacobra says:

I take it back then. Romo is apparently a well-dressed traveler and really good guy. Again, kudos to his parents.

25. geoff says:

Probably on his way home after buying some more vaseline for another late night jerk session