I was invited to a press conference at American Airlines Center on Monday, the purpose of which was to unveil Dirk Nowitzki’s partnership with Dallas-based restaurant chain Which Wich. The Dallas Maverick has teamed up with the sandwich shop to release a line of “DirkWiches.” The basketball-themed sandwiches are exclusive to the Dallas market. They’re also for a good cause—a dollar from each will benefit The Dirk Nowitzki Foundation.
Here’s a list of everything else I learned during the media event:
- Each Dallas location of Which Wich will have a life-size cutout of Dirk, who is 7 feet tall, shooting a fadeaway shot. Definitely had to Google the term “fadeaway shot.” So, I guess I learned what that is, too.
- There are six DirkWiches to choose from: Dirkwurst, Tall Baller, The 41 Club, Swishwich, MVPizza, MFFL (Mav Fans for Life).
- Dirk’s favorite sandwich is The 41 Club, but he also likes the pizza one. But he says you should try them all.
- This season-long promotion starts today.
- It’s easy to accidentally get lost in the basement of the AAC. But with any luck, a kind man holding a plate of crinkle-cut fries will escort you out.
There you have it. Swish swish.