They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but it’s time for you to prove them (whoever “they” are) wrong. These 5 local shops have a busy schedule of classes for you to take—everything from sewing and letterpress to cooking and floral arranging—and show off the impressive products on Instagram.
1. Fullosophie. You can learn to do a little bit of everything at these classes—like modern calligraphy, how to make macaroons (while drinking mimosas!), artisanal bread baking, and floral bouquet design.
2. Sur la Table. Cooking skills lacking? (Or in my case, semi-nonexistent.) Our favorite kitchen shop also offers an array of classes so you can perfect everything from your knife skills to how to make a romantic steak dinner for you and your honey. Bonus: After class, you receive a shopping discount coupon for anything you buy.
3. Oil & Cotton. These classes aren’t just for kids. (Although they do have tons of classes for little ones!) You can learn how to spruce up that lackluster lampshade, make jam, and sew something for your closet at the Oak Cliff haunt.
4. We are 1976. While their winter schedule has yet to be announced, we predict letterpress and printmaking classes, as well as instructions on how to build your own terrarium, in your future.
5. Cebolla. Learn how to create your own floral arrangements from this year’s Best of Big D winner. One of our editors took a class there earlier this spring, and her floral skills have never been better.