Dwaine Caraway, former Dallas city councilman and current Dallas County commissioner candidate, stopped by the Old Monk yesterday to talk about the recent kerfuffle between him and political rival John Wiley Price.
Caraway describes what went down as a set-up, unsurprisingly a different perspective than that offered by Price.
It was Caraway’s second appearance on EarBurner. If you heard him on the show last June, you will not be disappointed to learn that there is more talk about Caraway’s proposed reality TV show, Come Go Fishin’ With Dwaine.
Now, a few notes:
1. In 2010, Dallas Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson got into trouble for having awarded Congressional Black Caucus Foundation scholarship money to relatives who should not have been eligible.
2. County Commissioner John Wiley Price was instrumental in derailing the Dallas Inland Port project.
3. The second video of the Caraway-Price fight shows the commissioner man-handling one of Caraway’s aides:
2nd camera view of Caraway vs Price (warning) language pic.twitter.com/LgjULeFjUI
— STEVE PICKETT (@STEVEPICK11) February 23, 2016
4. Zac profiled Caraway in the July 2014 issue of D Magazine.
5. Here’s Caraway appearing on the 1310 Ticket on Tuesday to talk about the fight:
7. Morning News columnist James Ragland wrote that Price and Caraway should be ashamed of themselves.
8. When we talked to failed Tea Party congressional candidate Katrina Pierson in May 2014, she expressed interest in raising money to fund conservative entertainment options to counteract Hollywood’s liberal bias. She’s now a spokeswoman for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Congratulations to her on fulfilling her dream of working in show business.
9. The final dance battle of the 2004 film You Got Served:
11. Tim posed for a photo with Caraway and Hakeem, a member of Caraway’s “social media team,” after the recording session:
Listen to the show below. And don’t forget to subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or your favorite podcatcher: