Leading Off (02/06/09)

1. The funding gap for the Trinity toll road (the amount above what the NTTA will pay) could reach $1 billion. The DMN says the NTTA won’t cover it, Tom Leppert says there are lots of other funding sources, and Jim Schutze is cackling as he raises two middle fingers in the air.

2. Dan Reeves won’t be on the Cowboys staff because Jerry Jones insisted on an hours clause, an insult so amazing it makes me admire Jones even more. In the same way I admire, say, Rod Blagojevich, or Napoleon.

3. In the wake of more horrible job-loss news, people in the office are eyeing each other warily, trying to gain Wick’s favor as they hold on to their effin hats. Oh, and Tim and Zac are out sick today. I will be on WRR today between 11 and 1, but then out most of the rest of the day. This seems like poor timing, no?

Comments

7 responses to “Leading Off (02/06/09)”

1. Dallasite says:

2. So if players don’t show up on time it means a tiny slap on the wrist. If a coaching legend doesn’t show up on time for his new consulting gig, that’s a breach of contract.

I think Jerry Jones has a thinking gap that far exceeds $1 billion.

2. IJS says:

Tim sick? I just saw him loading his clubs into the back hatch of his Prius. And those are some very white, hairy legs.

3. Puddin'Tane says:

Eric, I’ll save you a space in the bread line. Bring a flask.

4. JS says:

Two words: Bake Sale

5. Wes Mantooth says:

2. The Reeves situation was impossible to begin with. But Galloway has a good point in his column today: the silver lining was that at least Jerry was again thinking about bringing in someone with strong football opinions and not some milquetoast ghost of a coach. Unfortunately, he can’t really make it happen because he insists on being a GM. Which is crazy for any number of reasons, but the biggest one is that Jerry has no ability to accurately assess talent, whether coaching talent or player talent. He’s a great salesman and carnival barker, but he’s not a talent assessor. Right, Quincy?

BTW, my prediction is that the Cows go 6-10 in 2009. Wade gets fired by Week 10.

6. JimS says:

Not cackling, Eric. Just trying to say hello.

7. Eric Celeste says: