Leading Off (01/09/09)

1. President Bush tells the Dallas Morning News that he’s not sure how he’ll fill his days in Dallas (and weekends in Crawford): “Being a type-A personality,” he says, “I’m confident I’ll be able to fill my days with activities.” I’ll let the commenters handle that one.

2. A Dallas law firm has paid back $200,000 (and will pay back hundreds of thousands more over the next five years) in an insurance scam that involved faking auto accidents. The owner didn’t know about the activities of, among others, legal assistant “Tommy” Tung Tran and ringleader Tuan “Andy” Nguyen. Not implicated, of course, was Long Duk Dong.

3. The Dallas Mavericks won and the Dallas Stars lost. I think that about covers what happened in the sport world yesterday.

Comments

13 responses to “Leading Off (01/09/09)”

1. Obama's Seat says:

Maybe he’ll become a regular commenter on FB?

2. Don in Austin says:

@3: Chokelahoma lost. Always entertaining, if rare, to watch that happen. Loyalty to Big 12 Conference? Not so much.

3. brett says:

@2. Sounds like someone needs to call Jim Adler- THE TEXAS HAMMER!

4. the donger says:

@3: As a successful stereotype, I resent being name-dropped anytime an Asian comes up. Baldy.

5. TLS says:

I suggest #43 make his way around the country having a meal with every family that lost someone in his war. He’ll be busy for a very long time.

6. Obama's seat says:

@TLS

Bush does spend a lot of time with families of the killed and wounded, and according to a Military Times poll, still enjoys a majority approval from the military (see poll for caveats).

My son, former USMC Sgt and OIF vet likes him quite a bit, as do his fellow vets I talk to.

Make of that what you will…

7. Obama's seat says:

… he could also visit with the 50,000,000 people in the mideast that have a shot at democracy no-one else would give them…

It’s all in the perspective.

8. Jack E. Jett says:

I was interviewing Michael “Brownie” Brown last week on The Jack E. Jett Show that airs every Saturday and Sunday between 1pm and 3pm on Rational Radio, and he said that George W. Bush would and he would love to join me for a drink at JR’s Bar and Grill when he returns. He even said we would have a “heckuva time”.
    I have admired this man from afar for so long and it will be great to feel his energy and chi so close to my humble home.

WELCOME HOME Mr. President.

9. Kevin says:

Let’s see – W needs activities. The Cowboys just cut a defensive back. Match made in heaven?

10. El Rey says:

Bush could do worse than buying the Rangers back from Tom ‘I ruin every team I touch’ Hicks. As the Dems insist, “Change is good!”

11. TLS says:

@Obama’s Seat: I merely suggested he have a meal with each family. If the majority of families are so approving as you say then they will be very pleasant meals.

12. Grumpy Demo says:

“Being a type-A personality,”

Type A personalities don’t set a record for vacationing while Commander-In-Chief of two wars, and aren’t too busy to attend a single funeral for the troops he commands.

If he wasn’t directly responsible for so much death and destruction, I would pity him.