Comments

12 responses to “Lily Tomlin Speaks Elephant-ese”

1. Gwyon says:

Ever try to waterboard an elephant?

No picnic, that.

Well, and the upshot is, there’s no evidence that it’s even effective … the elephants tend to tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

3. Gwyon says:

If it stops just one person from getting trampled, it’s worth it.

4. Joan says:

Don’t be silly, Lily: do you know how much orange jumpsuits for every elephant in captivity would cost?

5. DM says:

Did she go all “I Heart Huckabees -off-camera” on the Mayor?

6. Zac Crain says:

Language alert of the highest order. You’ve been warned.

7. Steve says:

This may be a larger issue than we had first imagined.

8. DM says:

thanks Zac: there’s also the car scene (which was my reference to my earlier post)

However, in the scene you linked, I am moved at director Russel’s ability to throw props at people while screaming and cursing for people to act like grown-ups.

9. Zac Crain says:

My favorite part is when he disappears then comes back in through the door.

10. Mike says:

But what about ticking time zoo scenario’s like on Elephant 24?

11. aapj says:

I think one of the coolest things is that if Jenny is allowed to go to The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee we can all watch her on the ele-cam on our computers. Check it out. http://www.elephants.com — Even one of the Dallas Zoo volunteers told me she wants Jenny to go to Tennessee as she watches the ele-cam everyday.

Can you imagine her eyes when she walks on grass for the first time since being taken from her mother’s side 30 years ago?! All that space and new elephant friends to get to know! Now THAT would make a cool ending to her campaign! 🙂

Jenny has done her time as a display. It’s time for Dallas to give back.