Top Colleges For Getting Rich

The methodology Forbes uses in this list is open to question (read the comments). Rice is the only Texas school to make the top list, at #14. On the public universities ranking, A&M is #9 and UTAustin is #16. Note to the Texas Legislature: The science and technology schools compete well against the Ivy Leagues, so how’s that funding for UTDallas? California dominates the public schools list. Its huge investment in top-flight higher education is paying dividends by producing top-earning taxpayers. Meanwhile, the Lege dawdles.

Comments

9 responses to “Top Colleges For Getting Rich”

1. Nathan says:

Didn’t Wick recently post that Texas was primed for years of prosperity because of the favorable tax climate and because states like California were taxing corporations and citizens to death? Are we to have our cake and eat it too?

2. bleacherbum says:

Maybe the Manhattan Institute (Wick’s Bible) has issued a new policy guideline thatthat public investment (i.e. taxes) has merit. Either that, or Wick is thinking for himself for a change

3. Did I just hear a Whoop? I think I did.

4. Cortney says:

I second that WHOOP!

5. Eric says:

I realize it is hard for many Dallasites to look across the Tarrant County line (and vice versa for folks over there), but I include UT Arlington in your question, Wick.

That Forbes list is completely bogus. Twenty years into one’s career, does that alma mater really loom so large? Or even at all?

That said, Nathan has it exactly right — you cannot, in fact, have your cake and eat it, too. That said, who says college grads’ careers will unfold in the same state they went to college? Barring truly exceptionally rich research environments (i.e., the Bay Area and Boston), they’re apt tpo roam.

7. salty says:

Texas is soooooooo over-rated.

8. Don in Austin says:

Congrats to A&M. Is it the school or is it the alumni network?

9. KRM says:

Whooooooooooop! Farmers fight! DoninAus, my opinion is that it is the alumni network for all of these top schools. It’s not what you know, but who you know seems to be a proven theory in life from my perspective.