Dallas Does Denver: The Disaster Continues

At about 5, I got the below image from Elizabeth. They say they cannot themselves blog (though they can send e-mail, which makes no sense). She said she’d made Eric take a 90-minute detour to see Philmont, where she taught rock climbing in college. They were headed into a storm, and she said Eric looked scared.

So seriously. Who signed off on this trip? Is it still sounding like a good decision?

Comments

10 responses to “Dallas Does Denver: The Disaster Continues”

1. Zac Crain says:

Recent, probably unrelated e-mail from Tim:

“I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone. I guess I just miss my friend.”

2. Dave Thomas says:

They had several tornadoes in the Denver area today. Have you heard from them lately?

3. SLR says:

Zac:

What the eff?!

4. Topham Beauclerk says:

So glad to see they have a TollTag. It saves time. And money!

5. Bill says:

After working there two summers, the magnetic pull to head west down 64 and then down 21 to go back HoME instead of hanging a right onto I-25 and to get wherever you are supposed to be going is a strong one. I too, can usually talk whoever I’m riding with to make a quick detour to the 87714. Rubbing elbows with Unit 41 or eating at the Burrito Banquet usually tops my list.

Might as well see something interesting. Cuz I-25 in Colorado is now one gigatic endless strip mall. Looks just like US75 from Plano to Allen. 200 miles of it.

6. vceleste says:

Eric does NOT like storms he and the Bassett Hound have that in common. I have no doubt just like Elvis he is shaking and wimpering with his mouth open looking up at the sky with those big blue eyes listening for any sign of thunder.

7. Zac Crain says:

@SLR: Try reading that in Morgan Freeman’s voice. It’ll make more sense.

8. Mel Cooley says:

Will the guffaws ever stop? I hope not.
    I hope that CNN picks up this story as it is funnier than Chevy Chase and Keith Gordon put together.

9. Brandon says:

I’m sure if Eric could have blogged, he would have said:

“Duck!”