Here’s Our Obama Coverage

A couple people have asked why we aren’t blogging live from Obama’s gig today. No, it’s not because Wick is a Republican and forbade it. Simply: not mission critical. We’re a little behind on the April issue of the “print product,” so that’s getting our attention today. But if it’s coverage you want, it’s coverage you’ll get. This image was taken from the fourth row today by a sweet, gentle FrontBurnervian.obama2.jpg

Comments

23 responses to “Here’s Our Obama Coverage”

1. The Marty Cortland Tribute Banned says:

Tim
    We look forward to seeing you at the Huckabee event tonight. I understand that Chuck Norris and Bo Derek will be there. It is an exciting time, isn’t it?

2. earp says:

The guy that took that pic must be pretty short.

3. Brandon says:

It’s funny to see Obama and all those people inside Reunion Arena! Is the AAC booked today?

Consensus has been well established via numerous peer-reviewed studies throughout the international scientific community that Mike Huckabee is a smirking hick.

5. Rawlins says:

I was there @Reunion, and looking around and watching the tribes of teens actually paying attention, being still and (brace yourself) intently listening and watching ….

6. kt says:

that was an amazing experience i will not soon forget. obama did an excellent job, was well spoken and articulated his message very clearly. and how about that intro by emmitt…pretty cool!

7. Steve says:

For the first time in my life, I have hope

8. trf says:

Yes, for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud…

9. That was one of the greatest events I have been too in my life. Yes, it was an event. The line snaked halfway around Reunion 2x and then went in and around the parking deck ramps. It was bananas.

10. Eric says:

And what, pray tell, just is his message?(N.B.- You are not allowed to use the words “hope” or “change” in your answer)

11. Corwin P says:

GWB is a jackass.

12. kt says:

i assume you mean you’d like to hear specifics? something aside from hearing that obama was incredibly inspring at, of all things, a “rally?” i believe that is the purpose of such an event?!?

alas,

-$4,000 tuition credit for college to students that will perform community service
    -eliminate income taxes for seniors making less than $50,000
    -better benefits and medical care for veterans
    -bring the troops home

to name a few…

13. OneArtDirector says:

kt-

How much “change” will his changes cost me as a taxpayer? That’s what I’m most interested in…

14. Bobby Ewing says:

I was there…and drank the punch. Definitely inspirational in a “I have something for everyone” tried-and-true candidate method topped off with an emotional expectation for something affirmative and collectively better (“Yes We Can”). The themes of his message are certainly similar to inspiring messages throughout U.S. history–self-reliance, forward progress, and collective destiny. An easy criticism is simply to break down the tropes into their parts–mere metonymy or easy antanaclasis…but that misses the point. “It’s Morning In America…” “I Have A Dream…” and “As Not What Your Country Can Do For You…” are no mere syllables. I don’t know for whom I am voting–but I appreciate the ability to inspire a crowd and perhaps (perhaps) to inspire fresh energy and ideas.

15. GMOM says:

AAC was too expensive, besides Hicks supported Guilliani……

16. earp says:

kt– how much is that going to cost you and me? Is it worth it? If it is, how much is the freeing of enslaved millions in an area that has been depressed for generations worth to you? Seems like someone always has to pay something…

Your first 3 points are going to cost US citizens many many $$$ the 4th point is going to cost the US and other countries around the world many many lives.

17. earp says:

Also- none of his “ideas” you mentioned will ever see the light of day; with the exception of ending the war early…in that case god save us all…

18. kt says:

eric asked for specifics, i gave him specifics. sorry if you do not agree with them.

earp and one art director, how much will this cost you? how much have all of bush’s hidden taxes cost all of us – and the war? that hasn’t just cost us dollars, it’s cost us lives.

just who is funding all these rebate checks W is promising? because it sure as heck isn’t this “booming” economy W has helped create. taxes are a part of both parties, believe it or not.

19. earp says:

we all have been given the tax checks…equally(except for the rich of course, they don’t deserve a refund)…genius concept, huh?

It’s much easier for you to talk about the economy now then it was 2 months ago, isn’t it? May that have anything to do with an election at hand?? I don’t know, let me check the record books….

20. kt says:

well i guess i am one of the rich, b/c i don’t qualify for one. yay for me, i’ll pay my taxes with a smile…

21. Sam R says:

“Not mission critical.” I can under$tand why the print product i$ number one, but I can’t help but notice that the Frontburner office seems, I dunno, deflated. No energy. Little pop. No, “thanks Tristans.”

Except for Nancy, the ladies rarely blog these days. Celeste? Where art thou? TR, you are easier to bait than usual and more defensive lately.

And where’s the extensive coverage of the Hill-Hunt articles?

We miss you all. Come back soon

Discuss.

22. Amandax9362 says:

Hear, Hear! Thank you Sam.

23. Gil Cromeens says:

Saw the lines around Reunion @ 7:30am, grabbed my rig and peddled Katy to Reunion. Everything was inspiring; the crowds, the diversity, the enthusiasm. That was before going in. Rick James nailed “the Star Spangled Banner” acapella, then gave a surprising God bless America speech. Kirk was good as expected. Emmitt kicked. Obama’s voice resonated right thru me on the floor in front, and he had something to say! Hey, I’m not too sure my lifelong republican status will endure the last 8 years and this rally. See my pics @http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/Gcromeens/2008ObamaRallyDallas