Granted, most of us don’t have the bodies of a model…however, there’s no reason you can’t adopt a “model off duty” look as you run around town with your littles…
Enter this week’s “mom-spiration,” the incredibly stylish mom and model (and wife of Orlando Bloom…sigh) Miranda Kerr.
Kerr’s functional yet chic style is perfect for keeping up with her two and a half year old son Flynn. If it works for her, it can work for you, too! Here’s how to get this city chic look:
- Slip on a shirtdress– Toss that worn-out sundress, and replace it with something a bit more polished. Achieve both sexy and sweet by teaming a slightly shorter hemline with a dainty floral print.
- Don some denim– Add a little eighties and nineties to your look with some denim (vintage, right?). You can’t go wrong with a classic denim jacket to ward off overly air conditioned buildings.
- Add the extras– Nothing says “stylish mama” like having an iconic designer tote on one arm and your kiddo on the other. Stick to a neutral handbag that can be easily tossed over the shoulder. Add a leather-banded watch and some classic-with-a-twist shades (i.e. studs), and you’re set.
Get The Look:
- Studded 54mm sunglasses, $296 at Valentino
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Amy leather strap watch, $175 at Nordstrom
- Equipment sleeveless silk shirtdress, $268 at Nordstrom
- J. Brand distressed demin jacket, $131 at Neiman Marcus
- Fendi Sky Blue 2Jours tote bag, $2,260 at Stanley Korshak