Eclectic Throng Assembles, Looks At Photographic Art

The latest in natty attire, as spotted at Saturday’s jam-packed opening for Allison V. Smith’s new show of photographs, called “Hall Pass,” at the Barry Whistler Gallery. Besides this unidentified gentleman–who’s probably not voting Republican–others in the eclectic throng included Will Rose, Paige Phelps, our own Eric Celeste (many hours before he went to get his abs blasted) and the perennial partygoer John Reoch.

Comments

15 responses to “Eclectic Throng Assembles, Looks At Photographic Art”

1. wes mantooth says:

Does the Big Brother-style iconography of the Obama campaign bother anyone else? I find it kinda creepy. Sorta like when the college kids wear their Che t-shirts without knowing the true historical context behind the message they’re supporting.

2. amandacobra says:

I’m an Obama supporter but I totally agree with you. I don’t know who thought it would be a great idea to make the iconic Obama tshirts have a “Stalin-y” flavor. I’m not a fan.

3. H.H.A.S. says:

Shepard Fairey (OBEY, Andre the Giant Has a Posse) was the one with the great idea to design this iconic image. I find it interesting that the introduction of this design has spawned a whole industry of concert like tees in support of Obama. Personally, I like it.
    BTW-The boy in the photo is Paul Flowers.

4. amandacobra says:

I get that they are trying to make it hip and skateboard-y, for lack of a better term and that’s why they got the Obey guy in to do it. But sometimes things make better graffiti stencils, stickers on light poles and logos that my 8th grade boyfriend drew on his backpack than presidential campaign t-shirts, IMHO.

But the shirt I just got from MoveOn.org is awesome so to each their lefty own.

5. H.H.A.S. says:

Hey Amanda,
    There actually are some graffiti stencils: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=16718
    Allison posted them on Superficial Snapshots last week.
    So…we going tagging?
    : )

6. IttyBittyWussy says:

That’s a good pic of Henry Rollins, he rarely smiles.

7. AnonyMouse says:

Thank you Stephen, I just found my new t-shirt print.

8. amandacobra says:

@ HHAS

What DON’T they sell on etsy.com?

9. PR says:

Obama is so wonderful, so awesome, so great, so neat, so peachy-keen that he can probably fix that guy’s teeth with the wave of his hand. Or, at least develop a government program that will. And, our taxes will not even go up to pay for it.

10. Nancy Nichols says:

I read “electric thong” instead of eclectic throng. Nice.

11. Obama: The Empty Suit says:

kl

12. Obama: The Empty Suit says:

Obama can’t make a speech without a telepromter. What a gas bag.

13. Patrick says:

Wow, the Messiah looks great… I’m sure He would want the photo on the shirt to actually be a bit bigger though.