Last fall, Robyn Siegel and Shannon Blount decided to put together some crystal plants to decorate for an event Siegel was throwing. They crafted brightly color pots and paired a variety of crystals with succulents and cacti. Guests immediately responded to the party decor, placing orders for their own plants and inquiring about the crystals. Though Siegel and Blount each have their own prospective careers (an art advisor with Cynthia C. Schwartz Fine Art and a real estate agent, respectively), they decided that—as long as there were orders—they would continue to make crystal plants. “It just came from this sincere place of wanting to share this,” Siegel says.
The result: Love and Intention, an online destination for Siegel and Blount’s crystal-adorned succulents, cacti, and house plants, along with energy cleansing kits and energy clearing bundles of lavender, sage, selenite, and palo santo wood. There’s also a “Smokeless Smudge” cleansing spray that you can carry with you. “There are various access points to what we do, but it all goes back to mindfulness, spreading love, and good energy,” Siegel says.
Occasionally, someone will reach out with a specific request for rose quartz or amethyst, but Love and Intention caters to the crystal curious. Shoppers can come to Siegel and Blount with a specific intention, which the duo will match to a crystal. “So that might be new beginnings, or stress relief, or serenity, or preparing for motherhood,” Siegel says. Other options on the Love and Intention website include “Attracting Love,” “Focus,” and “The Other Side.”
The duo is hopeful for a healthy amount of holiday gifting orders. “It is such a thoughtful gift from one person to another,” Siegel adds. “It’s so much better than a bottle of wine.”
Crystals and Their Meanings
Love and Intention breaks down the meaning behind the thoughtful stones.
- Pyrite – This crystal promotes health, opportunity, abundance, protection and strength.
- Selenite – Selenite is known as “liquid light” and promotes cleansing, light and clarity.
- Quartz – Is the most powerful healing and energizing stone. It promotes clarity, fluidity and healing and is an amplifier of other crystals around it.
- Smoky Quartz – Many people have anxiety and find that smoky quartz is very grounding and helps rid negative energy. This crystal is known to aid in letting go, balancing, grounding and protection. It can also help in relieving fear and depression and promotes positive thinking.
- Amethyst – The stone that instills a sense of deep peace and relaxation. Amethyst is a healing stone that promotes serenity and intuition. It is s protective stone that helps aid in emotional centering.
- Rose Quartz – The crystal with a soft energy for unconditional love, compassion, peace and comfort. This stone also promotes understanding
- Amazonite – For those that need a calming and soothing stone. This crystal aids in fluidity, stress relief, and truth.
- Carnelian – Boosts confidence and creativity. It is grounding, stabilizing, restores motivation and trust in one’s self. Promotes perception, warms and energizes.
- Tigers Eye – To promote good luck, strength, action, protection and integrity.
- Lapis Lazuli – An excellent stone for friendship. Promotes truth, wisdom, awareness, connection, honesty and compassion.
- Calcite – Amplifies learning and clarity. Promotes growth, openness and removes stagnant energy in the body.