Countless studies have pointed to the disproportionate impact of the global pandemic on women. While the negative effects get most of the attention, the crisis has also been a positive force for change, as women quit their jobs to pursue better opportunities, earn higher pay or start their own companies. A global crisis also catalyzed women to make a difference in the world around them – through their financial plans.
A recent study by UBS Group reported that 80% of women reevaluated what’s most important to them after the pandemic. Respondents emerged with the desire and the opportunity to become changemakers – and are using their money to make a positive impact. The study revealed:
- 90% of women say they are actively engaged in charitable giving.
- 94% of women have donated financial resources or volunteered their time in the last 12 months.
- 7 in 10 women have increased philanthropic support in the previous two years.
- 73% of women make purchases that align with their values.
- 69% of women chose a career to align with their values.
- 87% of women agree that money is a tool to help fulfill their purpose.
- 92% of women believe that being involved in financial planning can enable them to have more of an impact.
The bottom line? Money – especially in the hands of women – can be a catalyst for change.
Women are clearly making decisions with their money to improve the world around them and are aligning their financial plans with a greater purpose.
As a financial planning firm experienced in advising women – and headed by a female business owner – the team at BFS Advisory Group knows that defining your financial approach is the first step to making a difference in the world.
Are you ready to fulfill your purpose? Take this quiz to reveal your beliefs about and your relationship with money. We’ll score your responses and return a tailored, expert assessment to help you achieve financial well-being and a meaningful life.
BFS Advisory Group | 8201 Preston Road, Suite 400 | Dallas, TX 75225 | (214) 764-1964
Securities and investment advisory services offered through FSC Securities Corporation (FSC), member FINRA/SIPC. Financial planning services offered through BFS Advisory Group, LLC, a registered investment advisor. Insurance is offered by Debra Brennan Tagg as an independent insurance agent. FSC is separately owned and other entities and/or marketing names, products or services referenced here are independent of FSC.