The product innovations in the CBD industry have been both exciting and fruitful. Initially, consumers were only able to purchase CBD oils that may or may not have come in a small range of basic flavors. Today, people have so many more options to choose from. Not only can consumers buy oils, but they’re also able to purchase gummies, topicals, CBD-infused drinks, and now, thanks to industry advancements, CBD softgels, and capsules.
It’s understandable that consumers will have a fair amount of questions related to the introduction of each new product. Our guide to the best CBD capsules will fill you in on what CBD capsules and softgels are, as well as help point you in the right direction toward some of the best brands and products in the industry.
Top 10 CBD Capsules and Pills of 2022
- FAB CBD — Most Potent Vegan Softgel
- NuLeaf Naturals — Organic Formulations
- Batch CBD — Strives for Innovation
- cbdMD — Most Variety
- MedTerra — Pure and Effective Products
- CBDistillery — Products for Specific Issues
- Green Roads — Pharmacist Founded and Formulated
- Joy Organics — Premium Products
- PlusCBD — Science-Based Wellness Products
- Lazarus Naturals — High Quality, Effective Products
How We Came Up With Our CBD Capsule Brands
When we put together our list of CBD capsule brands, we specifically chose reputable brands that people trust and respect. We also excluded lesser-known brands that made cheaply priced products. It’s our opinion that these kinds of brands tend to either rush through the product creation process or cut corners in general. Sadly, this can lead to products that contain traces of solvents, herbicides, additives, pesticides, and other unwanted and dangerous chemicals. Not only are these products hazardous to your health in the long run, but they’re also not as potent as the clean and pure products made by trusted and respected brands.
Before we could put our list of brands together, we came up with a strict set of criteria to follow. Therefore, in selecting our top 10 brands, we closely looked at each one for:
- Concentration of CBD
- Third-party lab testing
- Product Types
- Customer Reviews
When we concluded our research, we were able to cut down our extensive list to the top 10 brands that are profiled below. It’s our conclusion that these brands create top-quality, pure, effective, and affordable CBD capsules.
Since 2017, FAB CBD has been making clean, potent, and effective products by using science and innovation. The team at FAB CBD has had many years of experience in the health and wellness industries that they draw from to craft exceptional products. The brand recently introduced its Full-Spectrum Vegan Complete Cannabinoid Softgels to eager customers. These softgels join the brand’s stellar product line that includes full-spectrum oils, “Anytime” and “Nighttime” CBD Gummies, Topical CBD Cream, CBD + CBG Oil, Full-Spectrum Body Salve, Calm & Cool Crunchy CBD Dog Treats, and Non-CBD Vegan Green Superfoods.
- Hemp Source — Organic Colorado Hemp
- CBD Potency and Type — Pure and effective vegan full-spectrum CBD Softgels
- Extraction Process — Industry preferred, clean CO2 extraction method
- Third-Party Lab Testing — ProVerde Lab tests all of FAB CBD’s products, then reports are published on the brand’s website
About the CBD Softgels
- Complete Cannabinoid Softgels that contain equal parts CBG: CBN: CBD: CBC. The softgels are also vegan and are packed with 15mg of essential cannabinoids per serving.
- Easy-to-take softgels that are convenient and portable
- Softgels contain multiple cannabinoids in a 1:1 ratio
- Vegan softgels
- Great product for those on a time crunch and/or who have issues with the taste of CBD oils or gummies
- Transparent brand that’s customer service oriented
- Does not currently offer international shipping
NuLeaf Naturals has been crafting high-quality, affordable, clean CBD products since 2014. All products are free from harmful additives and dangerous chemicals. The brand has the unique distinction of being one of the first to become GMP-certified, or Good Manufacturing Practices-certified, and ISO-compliant, or International Organization for Standardization-compliant.
- Hemp Source — Organic hemp from licensed Colorado farms
- CBD Potency and Type — Full-spectrum CBD capsules in different varieties
- Extraction Process — CO2 extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products tested by an independent third-party lab
About the CBD Capsules
- NuLeaf Naturals creates capsules in an array of varieties. Customers can choose between full-spectrum capsules that are CBD, multi-cannabinoid, CBC, CBG, and CBN. All of the varieties come in strengths of 300mg, 900mg or 1800mg of CBD, CBC, CBG, CBN, or multi-cannabinoid oil per bottle. Regardless of variety, each individual capsule is precisely dosed at 15mg of whole plant extract per softgel.
- Strong CBD capsule variety
- Highly transparent brand
- Clean and potent full-spectrum products
- So many product options may be overwhelming to customers
Batch CBD, which proudly calls Wisconsin home, creates products out of organic hemp extracts and functional botanical ingredients. The brand’s founders, who have a staunch belief in transparency, hail from Wisconsin. Therefore, customers can call ahead to schedule a tour with the brand’s laboratory. Every product is made in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Additionally, the team at Batch works hard to keep the ingredient list of each product down to a minimum so that they can focus on science and innovation. The founders of Batch have combined degrees in chemical engineering and business.
- Hemp Source — Organic Wisconsin hemp that’s cultivated through the Wisconsin Hemp Pilot Program and that’s harvested by family farmers who are local to the state
- CBD Potency and Variety — The brand crafts a potent full-spectrum CBD softgel
- Extraction Process — Custom ethanol extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products are tested by an accredited third-party lab
About the CBD Capsules
- Batch makes a unique full-spectrum CBD capsule that contains 25mg of CBD per softgel. There are 60 softgels per container
- Strong Wisconsin roots
- Clean and potent products
- Sometimes difficult to locate third-party lab reports for the brand’s products
- Only one option for softgel variety and potency
cbdMD’s product line offers many different options for customers to choose from. In fact, customers can select from CBD capsules to bath bombs, sprays, CBD oil tinctures topicals, CBD oil for pets, gummies, and lots more. Along with many of the other brands we’ve profiled, cbdMD also places transparency high among its values. It’s clear that the cbdMD team cares greatly about the trust and loyalty of its customers. Because of that, the brand believes that everyone should have access to quality CBD products regardless of their financial circumstances.
- Hemp Source — Hemp from farms throughout the United States
- CBD Potency and Type — Broad spectrum and full-spectrum softgels in a variety of options
- Extraction Process — CO2 extraction method
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products are tested by an ISO-certified independent lab
About the CBD Capsules
- cbdMD creates a wide array of softgels and capsules in broad and full-spectrum options. For example, the brand has broad spectrum CBD Oil Softgel Capsules, Full Spectrum CBD Oil Softgels, CBD Focus and Calming Capsules, Broad Spectrum CBD PM Softgel Capsules, and Broad Spectrum Curcumin CBD Oil Capsules. Potencies range from 750mg, 1000mg, 1500mg, and 2000mg of CBD per bottle, depending on which product you choose.
- Lots of product variety
- Clean hemp sources
- Solid selection of softgels to choose from
- Large product variety may be overwhelming to new customers
MedTerra is an interesting brand in that it was first founded by a combined group of CBD enthusiasts and friends. Together, this group was passionate in their belief that everyone should experience the healing powers of the cannabis plant. To this day, everyone at MedTerra works to make sure that everyone has access to CBD despite any financial struggles they may have. The brand is involved in the creation process of its products from seed to sale. To that end, it employs experts in vegetable genetics, food-grade compound extraction, quality control, and best hemp farming practices.
- Hemp Source — Non-GMO Kentucky-grown hemp
- CBD Potency and Type — CBD capsules come in different strengths and potencies
- Extraction Process — CO2 extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — Each product is tested by an independent third-party lab
About the CBD Capsules
- MedTerra crafts 25mg Isolate CBD Gel Capsules, 50mg Ultra Broad Spectrum CBD Liquid Capsules, True Full Spectrum CBD Capsules that contain 2mg of THC and 50mg of CBD per capsule, 50mg Good Night Capsules, and 25mg Good Morning Capsules. All milligrams are per capsule dose, and there are 30 to 60 capsules per bottle depending on which product you choose.
- Solid variety of CBD capsules
- Vegan options available
- Some COAs on the brand’s website were dated March 2020
In 2016, a group of Colorado natives founded CBDistillery with a mission to make top-quality CBD that everyone can afford. The brand’s ultimate goal is to make CBD available to the entire world. CBDistillery strongly believes in teamwork, accountability, a positive attitude, a healthy drive to succeed, respect for others, and an ability to take pride in and enjoy your work. Because the brand’s founders knew how oversaturated the market was with overpriced, low-quality CBD products, they made it their mission to craft high-quality, potent products that were fairly priced and made from the best organic hemp grown in the United States. Along with this mission, they also made it a goal to educate the public about using CBD as an alternative method of wellness.
- Hemp Source — Non-GMO industrial hemp from Colorado
- CBD Potency and Type — Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD softgels in different counts and potencies
- Extraction Process — Organic ethanol and CO2 extraction
- Third-Party Lab Testing — Each product is tested by a third-party lab for potency and purity
About the CBD Capsules
- CBDistillery makes its Relief+Relief CBD Softgels in broad and full-spectrum options. The bottles come with either 30 or 60 softgels per bottle. The product contains 1800mg of CBD per bottle, or 30mg of CBD per softgel in a 60-count bottle, or 900mg of CBD per bottle, or 30mg per CBD softgel in a 30-count bottle.
- Broad and full-spectrum softgel options
- Vegan and gluten-free products
- Products are only shipped within the United States
Compounding pharmacist, Laura Fuentes, brought Green Roads to life in 2013 after watching her close friend struggle with severe health problems. Her friend strongly believed in the healing power of CBD, so Fuentes asked him to help her create products that she could make available to everyone. To that end, Green Roads was founded as a way to make Fuentes’ formulations available to family and friends. But, as word got out about her products, the company had no choice but to open up its product line to the general public. Not surprisingly, the company rapidly grew in that short period of time.
- Hemp Source — Hemp that comes from a partnership with farms throughout the United States
- CBD Potency and Type — Full-spectrum and isolate softgels
- Extraction Process — CO2 extraction method
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products are tested for herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals, and more by Kaycha Labs, an independent third-party lab
About the CBD Capsules
- Green Roads makes full-spectrum and CBD isolate softgels in 750mg strengths per box of 30 capsules. The brand also makes Relax CBD Capsules and Sleep CBD Capsules which are also 750mg per box of 30 capsules.
- Strong product options
- Capsules for everyday use as well as for sleep.
- The website is somewhat difficult to navigate
CEO and CO-Founder Joy Smith founded Joy Organics after unsuccessfully trying many different CBD products for her difficult health issues. Because she couldn’t find satisfactory relief through products from other brands, Smith knew she needed to make potent, pure, and innovative products. Today Joy Organics still works hard to not only improve on its existing formulations, but also come up with new and innovative ones that customers will immediately fall in love with.
- Hemp Source — Hemp from Farm Bill-compliant American farms
- CBD Potency and Type — Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD softgels
- Extraction Process — Supercritical CO2 extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products are tested by a third-party lab and reports are published on the Joy Organics website
About the CBD Capsules
- Joy Organics makes both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum softgels. The brand’s broad spectrum CBD softgels come in 10mg and 25mg per softgel, with 750mg of CBD per bottle of 30 softgels. Joy Organics Full Spectrum Premium CBD Softgels contain 25mg of CBD per serving, with 750mg of CBD per bottle of 30 softgels.
- Products created using organic farming methods
- Strong belief in transparency
- Free shipping on all orders
- No international shipping offered
PlusCBD has been improving the health and wellness of its customers since 2012 with its clean and effective products. All who work for PlusCBD believe in the possibilities of hemp, transparency, and in making affordable products that are pure and potent. The brand’s founders have a strong belief in the importance of good physical and mental health, and set the brand’s core values to be trust, integrity, caring customer service, and being an industry leader in the creation of science- and nature-backed CBD products.
- Hemp Source — European Agricultural hemp that’s grown from EU-certified seeds
- CBD Potency and Type — Full-spectrum capsules in an array of different options and potencies
- Extraction Process — CO2 extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — Third-party lab testing of every product
About the CBD Capsules
- PlusCBD has different formulations of full-spectrum CBD capsules. The brand’s Raw Formula contains 5mg of CBD/CBDA and other cannabinoids per capsule, while its Original Formula contains 10mg of CBD per capsule. PlusCBD’s Extra Strength Formula contains 15mg of CBD per capsule, and its Maximum Strength Formula contains 50mg of CBD per capsule. Bottles come in either 30, 60, or 90 capsules per bottle.
- Softgels are made in the USA, third-party tested, vegetarian, gluten-free, non-GMO, and pesticide-free
- Lots of softgel options for customers
- Not a lot of detailed information about where the brand’s hemp is sourced over in Europe
Since 2014, Lazarus Naturals has been making affordable, pure, and effective products. The brand, which calls Portland, Oregon home, dedicates time to helping underserved communities through a partnership with nonprofit organizations and by donating money to worthy charitable causes. Much like our other brands, Lazarus Naturals also believes that everyone should be able to have access to high-quality CBD products.
- Hemp Source — Organic hemp from Central Oregon
- CBD Potency and Type — Lazarus Naturals makes a large variety of full-spectrum and THC-free CBD capsule options for customers
- Extraction Process — Ethanol extraction process
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All products are tested by Columbia Laboratories, an independent third-party lab
About the CBD Capsules
- The brand has a lot of product options when it comes to CBD capsules. Lazarus Naturals makes full-spectrum CBD softgels that come in 1000mg of CBD for 40 softgels per bottle, or 25mg per softgel, 20000mg of CBD for 100 softgels per bottle, or 200mg per softgel, 8000mg of CBD for 40 softgels per bottle, or 200mg per softgel, 10000mg of CBD for 100 softgels per bottle, or 100mg per softgel, 4000mg of CBD for 40 softgels per bottle, or 100mg per softgel, 5000mg of CBD for 200 softgels per bottle, or 25mg per softgel, 2000mg of CBD for 40 softgels per bottle, or 50mg per softgel, and 10000mg of CBD for 200 softgels per bottle, or 50mg per softgel. The brand also makes full-spectrum multi-cannabinoid sleep capsules, sleep and melatonin capsules, and relaxation capsules in different strengths. As for THC-free options, Lazarus Naturals makes CBD Energy Capsules that come in different capsule counts and potencies.
- Lots of CBD capsule varieties and potencies
- Capsules that are also geared to help with different issues
- Capsule options can be overwhelming for new customers
- Products are only shipped to select countries
CBD capsules make taking your daily dose of CBD easy, fast, and discreet. They are also an excellent choice for those who struggle with the earthy, hempy flavor of CBD oil or gummies. Capsules come in either a soft or a hard shell that contain a specially crafted formulation of CBD oil and/or other extracts. When it comes to softgels, brands can make them either out of pectin or gelatin. If you’re vegan, then pectin softgels will be what you’ll gravitate towards. If you live a busy lifestyle and are always traveling, then CBD capsules can be taken anywhere. When you think about it, it’s much easier to swallow a CBD softgel out in public than taking out a bottle of CBD oil and administering some drops under your tongue.
Like CBD oils and gummies, CBD capsules can be used for a great number of issues. For example, you can use CBD capsules for pain, anxiety, and for sleep and insomnia. The key to getting the most out of your CBD is to take your capsule(s) at the same time(s) each and every day consistently and without fail. You also need to be patient because while some of CBD’s effects may be felt fairly quickly, it still has to build up in your system over time in order for you to fully experience more of its benefits.
Remember that if you aren’t taking a CBD capsule that’s geared towards sleep, you may still be able to have improved sleep simply by regularly taking a general-purpose capsule. When you take your capsules at the same time(s) each day, you’ll be giving the CBD the best chance possible to work with your endocannabinoid system to tackle tough pain issues. Therefore, as you’re experiencing less pain, your body will be able to better relax, allowing you to be able to achieve a night of more restful and restorative sleep at night.
Before buying CBD capsules, you should take the time to do some research into the product and the brand. While it’s easy to be lured in by cheaply priced products made by lesser-known brands, the saying, “You get what you pay for,” rings true here. Not only can cheap products be loaded with harmful and unnecessary chemicals and additives, but they can also be less potent overall.
Some of the things you can look for when examining CBD capsules from brands you’re interested in are:
- The Type of CBD — You should decide if you want to choose between full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate capsules. Remember that when you go with full- or broad-spectrum options you’ll be getting all of the terpenes, cannabinoids, and phytonutrients that the hemp plant has to offer.
- Extraction Method — Currently, the industry standard and cleanest way to extract CBD is through the CO2 extraction method. This method yields clean and potent extracts. All other methods have the potential to leave harmful solvents and other chemicals in the final products.
- Third-Party Lab Testing — All reputable brands believe in being highly transparent with their customers. They also want to ensure that their products are clean and effective. That’s why they use an independent third-party lab to routinely test each product for potency and purity. Moreover, trusted brands will also publish these lab reports on their websites for customers to read.
- Hemp Source — Respected brands source their hemp from licensed farms within the United States. Additionally, the hemp that these farms grow is organic and clean. Brands that use unregulated hemp are gambling with both the purity of their products and the health of their consumers. Also, hemp that’s sourced from outside of the United States is held to different standards than hemp that’s domestically grown. So there’s no telling how clean the hemp is or what guidelines were adhered to in the cultivation and harvesting process.
- Customer Review — Verified customer reviews are an excellent way to get a feel for a brand and its products. When reading reviews, beware of brands that only have positive remarks posted. Transparent brands have a mix of both good and not-so-good reviews on their website because they shouldn’t have anything to hide.
- Pricing — As we stated earlier, cheaper isn’t always better when it comes to CBD capsules. Products that are sold at rock-bottom prices aren’t always guaranteed to be clean or potent.
There are quite a few differences to make note of when comparing CBD oil vs CBD capsules. First, there’s a big difference in the way that the two are taken. While CBD oil is dropped under the tongue, capsules are swallowed like a pill. As for how quickly the effects of each are felt, you’ll feel the effects from CBD oil a lot quicker than the effects from capsules. When CBD oil is held sublingually for 60-seconds, the cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients from the CBD can quickly enter your bloodstream through the thin membranes under your tongue and in your mouth. Therefore, CBD oil may be ideal for those who are needing immediate relief from the acute pain they’re experiencing.
When you swallow CBD capsules, they have to go through a “First Pass Effect.” This simply means that the capsule has to make its way through the digestive tract before the CBD can get into your bloodstream. Because of this, it will take longer for you to feel the effects of the CBD capsule. The upside to this is that while it may take longer for you to feel the capsule working, those effects will last longer than those of CBD oil once they finally do kick in.
If you need to gauge it, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours before you’ll feel a CBD capsule working, however, those effects can last for up to 12 hours. Conversely, you’ll feel your CBD oil working after about 15-30 minutes have passed, and those effects can last for up to six hours. So if you’re looking for immediate relief, then you may want to try using CBD oil. But, if you have a painful issue that you’re looking to alleviate in the long-term, like chronic back pain, then you may want to use CBD capsules instead because those effects can be felt longer.
When all is said and done, the product that you decide to buy will come down to lifestyle and personal preference. So, if you’re looking for more immediate relief, then it might be best to look for a potent and effective CBD oil for pain from a respected and trusted brand. But, if you travel and have a busy lifestyle and don’t have much time to deal with CBD oil or are concerned about finding the exact right dose of CBD for your body, then CBD capsules may be the perfect product to suit your needs.
In selecting the best CBD capsules and pills for your needs, you should allot as much time as you need to thoroughly look into products and brands. Some of the criteria that you should hone in on include:
- Brand reputation
- Third-party lab reports
- Hemp source
- Product ingredients
- Capsule potency
- CBD variety
- Extraction process
- Verified customer reviews
Cheaply priced products can be alluring. Even though it feels good to save a bunch of money, that might not translate to a good thing in the long run. Less reputable brands may cut corners while making their products. This ultimately leads to subpar products that are chock-full of harmful solvents and chemicals, and that contain unnecessary and unnatural additives. Moreover, these products may not be as potent as you would like them to be. And if you’re trying to tackle a tough pain issue like muscle cramps or chronic arthritis, then cheap, poorly made products simply won’t fit the bill. If you’re looking to avoid these types of products, then spend as much time as you need researching. While you’re exploring, make sure that you’re able to answer all of your questions so that you can shop for high-quality, potent CBD capsules or softgels with confidence.
The great news is that CBD softgels can easily be taken with a quick gulp of water. When using softgels, it’s important to know when and how to use them. Just as with any other type of CBD product, it’s imperative to be consistent and patient. Therefore, if you want to get the most out of your CBD, then you need to take your softgels around the same time each day. When you do this, you are both maintaining the level of CBD in your system as well as allowing that level to steadily build up. And as most CBD users who are struggling with pain know, consistency and patience with your capsules are imperative when it comes to best handling the issue.
When you’re first trying to figure out your CBD capsule dosage, you should start at a low dose and then slowly increase it over time. So, you can begin by taking one capsule in the morning and sticking with that for one week before checking in again to see if you need to increase the dose to one capsule twice a day. If it helps, you can also keep a journal of what you’re feeling and what’s improving or not improving during that time. This can help you decide if and when you need to bump up the number of capsules you’re taking in a day.
You may even find it helpful to combine taking capsules with other types of CBD products. For example, you can take one CBD softgel in the morning, a gummy in the afternoon, and then a specially formulated nighttime capsule right before bed. Thanks to the many innovations in CBD products, there are many different fun and exciting combinations that you can go with.
If you’ve been dealing with acute or chronic pain, then you may need to go up in capsule potency at some point if you find that your current dose or strength isn’t working. Lower strengths are typically great for general wellness while higher potencies work best for issues like pain, sleep, depression, and anxiety. The keys to finding the best dose and potency are patience, research, and consistency.
Also, one tip that can help is to be mindful of what you’re eating while you take CBD. Eating a light meal right before you take your softgels is helpful, but eating a meal that’s high in fat may increase the rate that your body absorbs the CBD. So if you want the effects from your capsules to last as long as possible, then you might want to avoid taking them with an extremely fatty meal.
Scientists have documented a wealth of benefits to taking CBD capsules and pills. Some of the non-medical benefits include:
- They’re simple to take
- The dosing of capsules is easy and already determined by the brand
- Capsules can be taken just about anywhere you travel
- They are quick and discreet to take when you are out and about
- There’s no odor or flavor associated with capsules, so they’re a great option for people who have issues with how CBD oil tastes
Scientists who’ve researched the benefits of CBD have discovered that it may:
- Support nervous system health
- Support heart health and blood circulation
- Offer general mood support
- Assist with insomnia and sleep-related issues
- Increase physical and mental relaxation
Much like with any other kind of prescription medication or natural supplement, CBD capsules and pills also have some side effects linked to them. These negative effects, however, are both mild and few.
Some of the most commonly experienced side effects include:
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in weight
You might want to reconsider taking CBD if you’re currently on any prescription medication that contains a grapefruit warning. Grapefruit warning medications, when mixed with grapefruit, grapefruit juice, or CBD, can alter the way your body metabolizes the drug causing too much or too little of it to enter your system. If you have concerns, then you should definitely reach out to your primary care physician or prescribing doctor before beginning any type of CBD regimen.
Are CBD Capsules and Pills Legal?
The 2018 Farm Bill legalized all hemp-derived CBD products on a federal level across the entire United States. These products must also not contain greater than 0.3% THC in them. Conversely, marijuana-based CBD capsules are only legal for recreational and/or medicinal use in states with those types of laws in effect.
Will CBD Make Me High?
Because the THC content is so low in hemp-derived CBD capsules, there’s no way anyone can get “high” from taking them. This is not the case, however, with marijuana-based capsules. Because they do have a high level of THC in them, they will cause you to feel “high.”
Are CBD Capsules Harmful?
CBD capsules are not harmful. In fact, they can only be considered harmful if you choose to take them with medications that contain grapefruit warnings. When you take CBD with these types of medications, your body will not properly metabolize the drug, which ultimately will cause too much or too little of the drug to enter your bloodstream. Overall, there are very minor side effects associated with CBD.
What is the Difference Between CBD Capsules and Pills?
The biggest difference between CBD capsules and pills is the shell texture. Capsules, or softgels, have a soft outer shell that is made from either pectin or gelatin. Pills have a hard casing. Both softgels and pills are filled with different varieties and strengths of CBD oil extracts.
How Long Does it Take for CBD Capsules to Work?
Everyone’s body is different, therefore, capsules may work faster for some than others. Also, the capsules take longer to work over CBD oil because they have to travel through the digestive tract and are filtered out by the liver. By the time this process is all said and done, it may take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours before you’ll begin to feel anything.
Which Type of CBD Capsule is Best?
Overall, the best type of CBD capsule is determined by your preference. While some people like high-potency softgels made from gelatin, others prefer lower-potency full-spectrum capsules made with pectin. If you opt to use a full- or broad-spectrum CBD capsule, then you’ll be able to take in all of the good stuff that the hemp plant has to offer. Whichever type of capsule you choose, you should always do your research to make sure you’re buying the best CBD capsule for your goals and needs.
What Dosage of CBD Pills Should I Take Daily?
Since everyone’s body is different, one dose will not work for everyone. If you want to find the best dosage of CBD pills for your needs and body, then you should start taking one capsule a day for one week before reassessing and increasing. It might be helpful to keep a journal at this time so that you can see what’s improving and what’s not. If you feel like you need to increase, then you can move up to two capsules a day. Remember that you can also increase the strength of your capsules instead of your amount as some brands sell softgels in different potencies.
Can You Take CBD Oil and Capsules Together?
You can mix and match CBD products. There’s no right or wrong way to do it. Feel free to take CBD oil in the morning and then a capsule at night, or a capsule in the morning and evening and a few drops of oil in the afternoon. How you take your CBD combination depends on what works best for you.
How Can I Buy CBD Capsules?
You can buy CBD capsules at dedicated brick-and-mortar locations as well as from trusted online brands. No matter where you buy your CBD from, you should always take the time to research brands and products before hopping on the first one you find. When you shop online, you’ll have all the time you need to research without restrictions like store hours or supply limits.
CBD capsules make taking your daily dose of CBD easier and faster. In fact, you can pretty much bring them anywhere while you’re on the go. Because their dose is already predetermined by the brand that makes them and they’re small in size, they make the perfect travel companion. Even though there are a wealth of advantages linked to CBD capsules that make them more desirable over other types of products, in the end, it’s up to you to find something that works best for your needs and lifestyle.
The important thing is that you spend some time doing your research so that you’ll be able to find high-quality products from trusted brands. Lastly, before doling out any of your hard earned money on the first bottle you come across, take a moment to think about all the pluses and minuses that are associated with CBD softgels. And if you find that there are more pros than cons, then you’ll know it’s time to start shopping for a softgel that checks off all of your boxes.