Be it a childhood friend, long-lost family member, or work colleague you cannot seem to find the contact details and address for, a website such as this will help you locate them. However, this is just one of the reasons behind the growing popularity of using people’s search websites.
Another great reason why these websites are currently in use is they can help you identify and prevent you from falling prey to scams and fraudulent dealings.
Think about it, rather than getting duped by one of the many phone calls you receive each year claiming you have ‘won a new car’ or hit the jackpot at the lottery, would it not be preferable to trace the identity of your mystery caller and put an end to the calls? Well, that is something a people search website could help you with.
These websites conduct background checks on the individual(s) you are looking to get in touch with again and will provide you with only accurate contact information on the same. However, because there are dozens of great quality people search websites out there, it is understandable that you may be at a loss when it comes to choosing one to suit your needs.
Therefore, in this article, we will take you through detailed reviews of the best people search sites we could find online that have lived up to their reputation over the years. Make sure you go through the main features, pros, and cons of each of these websites to help you make an informed choice on which one you should use.
Best People Search Sites of 2021 [Detailed Reviews]
- TruthFinder – Best All-Around Site
- Instant Checkmate – Best Value for Money Site
- Intelius – Cheap Trial to Test The People Search Service
#1. TruthFinder – Best All-Around Site
Truthfinder is easily among the best people finding websites available today and enjoys a great reputation in the industry. The background checks this company conducts on their database of individuals are not matched by nearly any of their competitors. The details provided by this site help users gain all relevant information they require on a person they are looking to find information on.
One of the drawbacks of this site is that users need to purchase a premium membership before they can access the services. What if we told you this is one of the things we liked about this site? The fact the company does not offer free services or trials means you can access the full extent of the benefits it provides you right from the start.
This helps ensure you receive your money’s worth without having to sample only a fraction of the features this site can offer you. More often than not, users only use a people search website for the duration of their free trial then do not purchase a membership because they are not happy with the service they receive. The risk of that is eliminated with TruthFinder, as every user on the site is a member and enjoys a quality experience.
Not only this, but one of the more notable features of this site is that it also allows you to access and review any of your information that is featured on it. This way, you are able to view what people who look for you on the website are likely to find. This feature is not very common among people to search websites, which is what made TruthFinder stand out for us.
The information this site provides you on users lists everything from their social media accounts and pictures to their criminal records and other information. What more could you want from a people search site?
Well, in case you wanted more, this site also offers you information on the relationships of individuals. One of the many ways in which this website helps you locate people you have lost touch with is their residence history that shows you places they have lived in or visited in the past.
Therefore, if you only have a recollection of an old neighbor or acquaintance, you can get an idea of where they used to live or work using this information, which in turn might help you remember more details about them. You do not have to worry about the accuracy or reliability of this data since this information is verified by the company concerning public and private records.
If you do not have hours to spend at a desk and would like to look for people while you are on the go, TruthFinder offers you that option too with the help of a mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
You can be sure you receive pretty much the same quality of service from the app as you do from the phone since it is very easy to use and provides you with nearly instant results.
- Pricing options are detailed and easy to understand, even for beginners
- Reports are comprehensive and cover all important and relevant details effectively
- Customer support services are among the best in the industry
- No shady dealings with this company, as they provide adequate information on how they access and use data
- Application designed for smartphones works as well as the site
- Does not come with a free trial for users to sample before they purchase a plan
- Everyone who wishes to use the site is required to register and purchase a membership plan
- The membership plans for phone search engines are different from those for the site
How Is TruthFinder Priced?
It is only natural to wonder whether or not a people search site is costly, considering users do not always need to look for people urgently. For instance, if you are using these sites just because you want to get in touch with your kindergarten playmate, you may not be willing to shell out too much money on it. Well, TruthFinder is on the costlier side of people’s search websites, with a price tag of $29 per month.
While this may not be cheap, we would say the price tag is certainly justified by the quality of service you will receive here. Besides, if you purchase a membership for two months, you are entitled to a discount of $5 as well.
One of the many reasons we say the high price tag on TruthFinder is justified is because it enables you to look for people using just their name. This is not an easy thing for a people search service to achieve, which is why no other service we have come across during our research for this article could claim to do the same.
However, if you do not want to purchase a membership plan and would like to receive just one report, you can do so for a fee of $2.
- Transparency: As we discussed earlier, TruthFinder is quite transparent in its dealings and does not shy away from providing interested parties with information on how they compile their reports and their sources. There are also some pretty clear policies the company has disclosed online on how users cannot use the data TruthFinder provides them with.
- Quick Results: Another reason we loved TruthFinder is that it takes less than ten minutes to generate a report. Now, this may seem like a long time in comparison to other websites, but it is a surprisingly short time for a people search website. Considering the amount of data on a given individual the site can find, compile, and condense, this is a very short time for the generation of a people search report.
- Accurate information: In addition, you can be sure any contact and other information this website provides you on the individual you are looking for is complete, accurate, and up to date. This is because they regularly update their database with the latest information they can access on people listed on the site.
Given that this site allows you to access both records that are easily available (such as social media profiles) and records that are not so easily available (such as criminal records), we would say it provides you with all of the information you would need to get in touch with someone.
- Quality Features: Most people’s search sites we have come across lately do not offer users the same breadth of features via their mobile app as they do on their website.
However, this is not the case with TruthFinder, which gives you the same features and quality of service on the app as it does on the site. And, this app is available for download for both iOS and Android users. Moreover, members get unrestricted access and an uncapped number of searches, which helps justify the heavy price tag.
Customer Support Services
TruthFinder has benefitted from positive reviews on their customer support services for years, which has helped boost their rating overall. Most of those who have had to reach out to a customer service executive on TruthFinder will tell you these agents are both friendly and more than capable of resolving your queries and complaints in no time.
#2. Instant Checkmate – Best Value for Money Site
One of the main reasons behind the resounding success of Instant Checkmate is that it is priced lower than other quality people’s search sites, such as TruthFinder, but provides users with pretty much the same services.
This site is great for those wanting to conduct background checks on certain individuals now and again rather than trying to get in touch with long-lost friends or relatives.
However, it works quite well as, exclusively, a people search site too, if that is what you are looking for.
Many people who have used this site have claimed it has allowed them to get in touch with those they never thought they would hear from again while charging a fraction of the price professional service, such as hiring a private investigator, would cost.
Additionally, this site is also very useful for those wanting to access information on a person’s criminal records.
Sure, you could contact local authorities and others for this information, but it would likely take you days or weeks to access it, as opposed to the minutes it takes Instant Checkmate to do the same.
- Available both via a website and a mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Updates information on those listed on the site
- Members are given access to an uncapped number of searches and reports
- No hidden clauses and the company is straightforward about how customers can use the data provided to them
- Users are required to purchase a membership
How Is Instant Checkmate Priced?
This site comes with a 5-day trial option, which is not exactly free, but at a nominal rate of $1 only.
All you need to do is visit the website, and you will find that a small popup window opens up offering you the choice to start a trial. However, you cannot just use a trial and not purchase a membership after you are done using it for 5 days.
The main subscription plans offer you the choice of either purchasing a monthly membership of $35 per month or a quarterly membership that will set you back by $28 a month.
Alternatively, you could choose to try out the phone lookup service by paying $5 a month. Since these options are quite flexible, we would say Instant Checkmate is a great value for money option in terms of people’s search services.
The main features of the services offered by Instant Checkmate can be divided into three distinct categories:
- Reverse Phone Lookup Service: This service is aimed towards those who are tired of receiving fraudulent calls or calls that seem like they are being made by a prankster of some sort. Such calls are also sometimes placed with malicious intent, making a reverse phone lookup service be great for security purposes too. This service allows you to identify a person based on their phone number.
You simply enter a phone number into the search bar of this site, and it will give you details on the individual or company that has been placing calls to your phone numbers.
If it is an individual rather than a company, this site gives you access to their basic information and contact details, such as their social media accounts, name, or even their age and other personal details you would not be able to access easily using just their number.
However, note that this service is not as detailed, comprehensive, or reliable as a background check or people search services. It is mainly useful for identifying those who place fraudulent calls to your number, so you can put an end to the same.
- People Search Service: This is the main and most comprehensive service offered by this site, which is why it is priced so highly. The other services offered by the company are not of the same quality as the people search service and for good reason.
This service is ideal for those looking to find people using only their full name and any other information on them you can recall, such as their date of birth or address.
The information that Instant Checkmate then provides you with regarding the individual in question includes:
- Email ID
- Current phone number
- Relationship status and history
- Criminal records
- Past and present residential address
- Alternate names
- Date of birth
Reverse Email Lookup Service: As you may have guessed, this service is similar to a reverse phone lookup service, as it allows you to access information on the sender of an email.
Therefore, if you have been on the receiving end of fraudulent emails lately and want to put an end to them once and for all, you are likely to find this service extremely useful. Once you enter an email address in Instant Checkmate’s search bar, the site will give you information on whether or not a sender is legitimate or is just scamming you.
Customer Support Services
As is the case with all of the best people search sites, the quality of customer support service offered by Instant Checkmate is quite high too. The main reason behind the popularity of their customer support service and the positive reviews is the convenience with which people can use these.
For instance, you can contact a customer service agent via phone, email, or other means to let them know about your queries or complaints, and you can be sure to receive a prompt and useful reply.
#3. Intelius – Best Site for Trials
This is one of the best sites for those looking to get in touch with friends or acquaintances with whom they have lost touch over the years and, thus, are unable to contact. You could even go so far as to say this site is mainly used to find long-lost loved ones. What we found to be a very impressive feature of this site is that it allows you to stay anonymous while you search for people online.
Therefore, the site is not interested in giving out such information to third parties or the person you looked for online, which adds to its appeal. While this may not seem like a very significant feature, you will be surprised at how many people wish to look for people online without having anyone know. Also, the company has access to a massive database of information, which allows you to look up just about anyone you can think of.
The site offers you the option of looking for people using their phone number or email address as well (reverse lookup services). Once you have decided who you want to look for, the company Intelius will prepare a detailed report for you containing information on their contact number, address, criminal records, education, and more.
In other words, it provides you with all the information you will need to decide whether or not you would like to get in touch with an old acquaintance again.
Intelius offers users a trial plan that enables them to start searching for people once they make an account. However, to access all of the features this site has to offer you, you will need to purchase one of the premium membership plans.
Either way, you cannot be 100% sure of the reliability of the information this site provides you, as it is mostly used to re-establish social connections for more serious reasons.
- Membership plans are priced reasonably
- Reports contain additional information, such as work history and educational qualification
- All of the reports provided are sufficiently comprehensive
- Pricing is not very straightforward, even if it is affordable
- A large number of negative reviews from users
How Is Intelius Priced?
This site has several pricing options, which are listed below:
- Reverse Phone Lookup – $1
- Reverse Address Lookup – $1-$15
- Detailed Background Checks – $40
- People Searching Service – $1
- Premium Subscription – $20
- Premium Plus Subscription – $30
- Criminal Records – $30
You could opt for a trial and only purchase the $1 searches; however, you will be charged a fee if you cancel your subscription after one week and do not purchase a complete plan.
The following are the main features of this site:
- Criminal Records: The site allows you to access any individual’s criminal activities both in the state and across the country.
- Reverse Phone Lookup Service: This service allows you to look up a person’s identity based on their phone number alone.
- Background Check: This is the most comprehensive option that gives you access to criminal records, finances, and much more.
- People Search Service: This enables you to access information on a person’s full name, address, social media account, etc.
- Reverse Address Lookup: This allows you to look for a person based on their residential address (both present and past).
- Relationship Information: You will even find information on an individual’s marriage and divorce using this service.
Customer Support Services
Unlike the sites we have reviewed above, Intelius’ customer support services could do a lot better. It is not that difficult to contact the company online or via email, but the same cannot be said for speaking to an agent on the phone.
For the most part, no one will answer the phone when you try calling on any of the contact numbers provided on the website.
#4. US Search
Unlike most other people’s search sites, US Search does not require users to sign up or purchase a membership before they can look up anyone they desire.
Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but scores of users appreciate not having to devote additional minutes to a lengthy signup process when they could be accessing the information they require instead.
Besides, it can be more than a little troublesome when a site insists you sign up and register before you can look someone up, so this is something that works quite well in this site’s favor.
Another bonus of using this site is that it allows you to print the reports it provides you with for no additional charge. This is quite uncommon, as other people’s search and background check sites require users to pay for the same.
However, this comes at a cost, albeit not monetary. What we mean here is that this site does not provide users with nearly enough information as other people’s search sites do. Therefore, the lack of charges seems to be weighing down this service rather than lifting it.
For instance, this site does not give you information on an individual’s contact number or email address. So, how are you supposed to get in touch with them? Well, it does give you information on their address and education, but, as you can imagine, this is not nearly enough.
Also, several users and experts alike have found that the information provided by this site is either outdated or plain inaccurate. In other words, you could not exactly call this service reliable.
Another reason why we say this service is not very reliable is that it is not as transparent and straightforward as it should be. The best people search sites we came across provided us with explicit instructions on how we could and could not use the data we were provided within a legal manner.
However, very little information was available on US Search, which made the service seem less trustworthy than others overall.
- Allows you to look for people even without a membership or subscription
- Able to print the reports for no charge
- Reports are quite detailed and comprehensive
- Does not offer users a free trial
- No mobile app is available
- Not very straightforward or transparent in its dealings
How Is US Search Priced?
The following are the pricing options offered by US Search:
- One Month Subscription – $20
- People Search Service – $2.45
- Background Checks – $40
- Criminal Record – $15
There is not much to say in terms of the features offered by this site that we have not already outlined above. Most of what this site has to offer is pretty basic and does not seem worth the prices you would pay for them. This is especially true for those users looking for detailed reports on individuals they are looking for.
Customer Support Services
Just like the main features of this site, the customer support services are not of great quality and are not very popular either. Most of those who have tried to get in touch with the US search company claims it is not easy to get a reply out of them. We too tried to contact their customer support agents via phone and email but were not able to get replies.
#5. People Finder
The biggest advantage, and the best feature, of using this site is that it is very simple and convenient to use, even for those who are not very tech-savvy.
You need only a few basic details of the person you are looking for to access more information on them with this service. For instance, you can enter the full name of a given person and the last city you knew they lived in to receive a detailed report on them.
However, note here that you will need to provide your credit card details before you receive the report. Once you do this, the report you receive will contain all of the relevant information you would require to get in touch with the person of your choice, such as their residential address, phone number, and criminal records.
- Available via the website or an app designed for Android users
- Three-day trial on offer for users
- You do not have to register to use the services
- No mobile app for iOS users
- Fee charged on cancellation after the end of the trial period
- Does not allow you to access information on a person’s social media accounts
How Is People Finder Priced?
The three-day trial costs only $3; but, if you do not choose to cancel it in time, you could be faced with a fee that is ten times as high as that. Besides, even if you do cancel on time, you will be slapped with an $8 fee.
Some of the main features of People Finder are:
- Several Searches: There are several ways in which you can look for a person on this site, such as using their phone number search or address history.
- Uncapped Background Checks: Once you purchase a free membership, you can conduct as many background checks as you like.
- Public Records: You can access all information found in an individual’s public records using this service.
Customer Support Services
The customer support services of People Finder seem to be in line with what could be expected from some of the best people search sites available today.
The company makes it quite clear how users can and cannot use the information they acquire on it, which makes its dealings transparent. Additionally, customer privacy is highly valued by the company and searches are anonymous.
- Very easy to use
- Works on both iOS and Android devices
- Allows you to search for people anonymously
- App runs smoothly
- The customer service could use improvement
- Reports take quite a while to prepare
How Is PeopleLooker Priced?
You could either opt for a five-day trial for $1 or purchase a monthly plan at $23. If you buy a three-month subscription, you end up paying $19 each month.
These are the main features of this site:
- Information Removal: The site allows you to review information on yourself and have it taken down if it is false.
- People Search Service: This allows you to find a person using their name, contact number, or any other basic detail.
- Property Checking: This enables you to look up the history of ownership for your property, including taxes and more.
- Criminal Records: This allows you to view the criminal and court records of a given individual.
Customer Support Services
You can contact the company’s customer service agents during the day through phone calls, an online form, or by email, and you are sure to receive a satisfactory response.
This site has several ways in which you can look up the information you require, the most unique of which is using VIN. You can input your vehicle’s VIN here and you will find all information associated with it on the site’s database.
The information included in such a report is:
- Reports on accidents
- Previous ownership
- Any safety recalls
You could even look for unclaimed money and overpaid bills using this site.
- The database is regularly updated
- Straightforward in its dealings
- App available for both iOS and Android devices
- Several browsing options
- You can conduct as many searches as you like with a membership
- No free trial
- Reports take a while to load
- Results are not very reliable
How Is BeenVerified Priced?
You could either opt to pay $23 a month for a membership or sign up for 3 months and pay $15 instead. There is no difference in the features offered under each membership plan.
The following are some of the main features of this site:
- Unclaimed money search
- Reverse address lookup
- Reverse phone lookup
- Reverse email lookup
Customer Support Services
The customer service agents of BeenVerified are available throughout the week to answer any queries, and we have to say they do so effectively and quickly.
This site has flexible payment options and allows you to access all of the information you would require in a few simple steps. This company may not be as large or experienced as others we have reviewed in this list, but it offers quality services.
- Flexible pricing options
- A large number of resources
- Easy to use
- Website is well-designed
- It takes longer than expected to receive reports
How Is GoodHire Priced?
For the standard plan, you’ll need to pay $55 for each check and $30 for a plain background check. The standard plan includes court records and more. The premium plan is priced at $80 per check.
The following are some features of this site:
- Drug records
- Credit ratings
- Health records
- Vehicle records
- Ongoing alerts
Customer Support Services
The customer services of this site are on par with the best people search sites available today. You can reach out to agents through online chat, phone, or email.
This site is mainly used for landlords to access information on their tenants, which is why it is called RentPrep. You can either choose to screen tenants using a judgment search or a background check.
Both of these searches allow you to access information on a person’s criminal records, finances, eviction history, and more. A credit report is an additional feature that is charged accordingly.
- More than one membership plan
- Reasonably priced
- Criminal reports are quite detailed
- Not much information on income
- Additional features cost more
How Is RentPrep Priced?
You can either pay for the background check at $19 or obtain a credit report for $38.
The main features are as follows:
- Eviction History: This gives you information on past evictions.
- Credit Reports: This allows you to access a FICO score for potential tenants.
- Default Prediction: This can calculate how reliable a tenant is likely to be.
- Income Report: This gives you information on past bankruptcies.
- Criminal Records: This enables you to discover the kind of person you are renting your property to.
Customer Support Services
The customer service agents that work for RentPrep are known to be friendly, approachable, and responsive.
The biggest advantage of using this service is that you can use a person’s phone number, email ID, or social media account to access their contact details.
Moreover, the company makes it very clear that it does not give you access to all of the information you may want (like criminal records) right from the start, so you do not have to worry about paying for what you do not receive.
- Reports are easy to understand
- Allows you to save your previous searches
- Segregates information by data confidence numbers
- Allows you to monitor records
- Website is simple to use
- Gives you several reports, which can be confusing
- Does not offer background checks
- Does not give you information on criminal records
How Is PeopleSmart Priced?
You can either choose to sign up for a one-week trial for $1 and cancel or pay for a $30 membership per month.
The following are the main features of this site:
- Detailed Reports: All of your searches will be stored in your reports so you can access them any time you want.
- Account Details: It is very simple to find your basic details using the dashboard on the site.
- Monitoring Reports: You can choose to monitor reports and track any changes or updates using this feature.
Customer Support Services
This is one of the only people search sites we have come across that offers you 24-hour customer support. You can contact agents either online or by calling them over the phone.
In Conclusion: Should You Use These People Search Websites?
All in all, finding a people search service to suit your needs is not exactly easy, but with the right amount of research, you will be able to make a sound choice.
The websites we have reviewed above are the most popular and reliable ones we could find, and we are sure they will help you locate and contact the people you wish to find. However, we would suggest you go for Truthfinder.
These services can be used for a variety of purposes, so make sure you are getting your money’s worth when you pick any of them.