Your family’s health and safety are our top priorities. That’s why we’re offering care beyond the hospital and clinic walls. We’re bringing our expert services directly to you – in the comfort of your home or virtually anywhere.
With Virtual Visit by Children’s HealthSM Virtual Care, families can video chat with a provider 24/7 about minor illnesses, injuries, and mental health. Learn more and download our app on the App Store or Google Play.
What can a provider diagnose through virtual visit?
- Common cold
- Ear, nose, and throat infections
- Flu-like symptoms
- Mild burns
- Minor cuts
- Skin infections
Behavioral health virtual visits are also available for conditions including anxiety, addiction, depression, and grief.
Some specialists offer virtual appointments for routine and follow-up care.
How can I have a successful virtual visit?
Follow these tips to have a successful virtual visit with a health care provider:
- Read instructions from your provider ahead of time so you can download any necessary mobile apps and fill out any necessary health care history forms in advance.
- Find a quiet, well-lit, and distraction-free area for your visit.
- Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Test your video, audio, and speakers on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Make a list of questions you have for your provider, just as you would during an in-person checkup.
- Keep your device 18-24 inches from your body so the provider can diagnose your condition.