It’s no secret that CBD has skyrocketed in popularity over the last few years since its legalization in 2018. And with that growth in popularity also emerged a host of new CBD brands fighting for consumers’ trust and undying affection.
Regular users of CBD have credited the oil with helping them with everything from insomnia, to pain, inflammation, menstrual cramps, depression, anxiety, muscle tension, headaches, and much more.
Moreover, CBD is generally considered to be safe and free from harmful side effects, and because of this, we are presenting readers with this article about the best CBD oil brands.
How We Compiled CBD Oil Brands List:
In order to compose our article, we began compiling a long list of CBD oil brands that are popular in today’s market. Because of the recent rise in CBD’s popularity, our list grew extremely long.
We then researched each brand by looking through customer reviews on products, how each company sourced and crafted its CBD extracts, third-party lab test reports, and more.
Based on our results, we started to remove CBD brand names from our list until we were left with a few brands that met our very strict standards.
Next, we whittled our list down until we were left with the top 5 names in CBD that follow further down in this article.
Please know that our list would not be considered complete if we had not included documented reports and input from respected CBD journalists, niche experts, and real CBD consumers.
What We Looked For:
When we were looking to cut down our long list of CBD oil brands, we looked at each brand and its products for:
- How effective each brand was at relieving various types of pain, inflammation, discomfort, sleep issues, and other conditions.
- Hemp sources.
- The company’s processing facilities and if they met stringent FDA guidelines.
- Whether the products are made of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The THC levels that were left in the final products once they were placed on shelves.
- Whether the company lab-tested its products and made those results easy for customers to find on its website.
- Did the brand give dosage and usage instructions to its customers?
- The brand’s overall reputation and customer reviews.
- Whether the brand offered conclusive, vetted information about CBD — what it is, how it works, its benefits, etc.
In closely looking at all of these factors and criteria, we came up with a shortlist that features the following five brands:
5 Best CBD Oil Brands in 2020
FAB was first founded in 2017 with a mission to craft a top-shelf, reliable line of CBD products for everyone to enjoy.
FAB’s founder and its staff collectively have a number of years of experience in the health, nutrition, and fitness industries. All of FAB CBD’s products are formulated according to the company’s strict standards. FAB has a line of CBD oils in varying strengths, a topical cream, CBD gummies, CBD dog treats, and a brand new line of superfoods.
All of FAB’s products are created from high-quality organic Colorado-grown hemp that is turned into top-shelf extract through a clean, preferred, solvent-free CO2 extraction process.
The result of this process is super-clean extracts that are rich in terpenes and beneficial cannabinoids that allow customers to gain all of hemp’s health benefits.
FAB is clearly the best CBD oil in a number of different ways:
Selection: FAB offers customers oils in a number of different strengths, a topical CBD cream, CBD gummies, and more. The company’s CBD gummies are a great option for those who want an alternative to CBD oil because they offer extended relief from a simple, single dose.
Organic, full-spectrum hemp: In order to create its products, FAB sources its organically-grown hemp straight from Colorado. The hemp that FAB sources is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment. This way, FAB can guarantee its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a top-notch end product.
Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using third-party lab, ProVerde Laboratories. FAB also makes test results easy for customers to find on its website.
Money-back guarantee: FAB gives all of its clients a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This option is great for those who are trying CBD products for the first time.
- Great tasting oil flavors in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg.
- Best-rated CBD gummies.
- Highly rated customer service.
- Also voted #1 best cbd oil for anxiety at discovermagazine
- Secure and quick shipping.
- Vegan superfood options.
- Free shipping on all orders over $89.
- No shipping to Canada or the UK.
- No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.
#2 Premium Jane: Best Value
Premium Jane is located in Scottsdale, AZ. The brand’s mission is to educate and engage the CBD community about the natural, beneficial properties of organic hemp products. The company states on its website that the Premium Jane family is made up of farmers, agricultural experts, biologists, chemists, and marketing developers.
Premium Jane has a line of CBD oils, capsules, topicals, and gummies. According to the company’s website, all of the products are crafted from a controlled, regulated industrial hemp supply that is regularly checked for pesticides, microbes, chemical fertilizers, heavy metals, and solvents.
Highest-grade Hemp: Premium Jane has a licensing agreement with Oregon Pilot Research farms, which allows the company to have access to some of the highest-grade industrial hemp in the country.
Purity and Taste: Premium Jane uses 100% natural citrus extracts in all of their CBD oils.
- Premium Jane uses the preferred, clean CO2 extraction process
- Full-spectrum products
- Delicious, natural flavors
- Products are non-GMO, vegetarian, and gluten-free
- Free shipping nationwide
- Products sourced from non-GMO hemp grown in the United States
- Affordable prices
- No vape products are available to customers.
#3 Cheef Botanicals: Most Potent
According to its website, Cheef Botanicals was founded by a group of health-conscious cannabis enthusiasts with over 25 years in the organic food industry. Cheef’s mission is to spread education throughout the world about the healing power locked inside of the safe, natural, effective cannabinoids in the hemp plant.
Cheef Botanicals’ founders believe that consuming natural superfoods is the key to lowering the risk of disease while promoting general health and wellness. As such, the company seeks to stop imbalances caused by pharmaceutical medications through the use of organic, natural supplements that help restore the body’s innate stability, balance, and equilibrium.
Variety: Cheef Botanicals offers a wide range of CBD oil strengths.
Thorough Research: Cheef Botanicals’ website is loaded with research and studies, information on health conditions, and a comprehensive FAQ.
Experience: The owner and staff collectively have over 25 years of experience in the food industry.
- Free shipping on all orders with no minimum purchase required.
- Friendly and prompt customer service, with response times averaging within 12 hours.
- Online coupon codes are available.
- Subscription service with discounts.
- Wholesale resale options available.
- Products that have a higher strength are more expensive.
- No customer service on weekends.
- Third-party lab testing results are only available upon request.
#4 Joy Organics: Best Broad Spectrum
Joy Organics was founded by mother, grandmother, and humanitarian, Joy Smith, who used CBD to help her tackle sleep disturbances and other health-related issues.
Joy Organics creates a wide-array of products that include CBD oils, soft-gel caps, topical salves, gummies, pet products, a hemp-infused face mask, and a hemp-infused energy drink. Also, check out the list of top CBD creams where joy organics is listed.
Proprietary strains: All of Joy Organics’ CBD is sourced from the company’s own proprietary CBD-rich organic hemp strains that are grown in the United States.
Zero THC: Joy Organics purifies and separates all of its extracts by removing all of the THC, wax, chlorophyll, and plant pigments that remain after processing has been completed.
- Zero THC. The products from Joy Organics are great for those people who are wanting completely THC-free CBD products.
- All of the company’s products are tested by a third-party lab. Customers can access these results via a QR code on the packaging.
- Free shipping.
- The company uses nanoemulsion technology, which adds extra bioavailability to their capsules.
- All extracts are broad-spectrum.
- Joy Organics’ CBD tinctures only go up to 1500mg.
#5 CBDistillery: Wide Variety
CBDistillery was first founded by Colorado natives. The company’s main mission is to produce high-quality, fairly-priced, CBD products from hemp grown within the United States.
Product variety: CBDistillery offers an array of full-spectrum oils, creams, vapes, capsules, and isolates.
Clean products: All of CBDistillery’s products are full-spectrum, non-GMO, third-party lab tested, and US Hemp Authority certified.
- All products are third-party lab tested and results are made available to customers by scanning the QR codes on whatever products they order.
- Good promotional codes
- The majority of the company’s products are full-spectrum with some isolate offerings.
- Products are available online and in stores.
- Wide variety of product options including oils, vapes, creams, capsules, soft-gels, and gummies.
- Reported shipping delays.
- Oil droppers tend to be flimsy, which means there is a potential waste of CBD oil.
- Company contact information is not easily able to be found on the website.
What You Should Know When Purchasing CBD Oil
CBD oil has swelled in popularity, and as such, there has been an influx of new CBD brands out on the market. When you are looking to purchase a CBD oil, it’s best to remember that not all CBD brands are not created equal.
After deciding to incorporate CBD oil into your health care regimen, it’s best to always know:
- Where CBD companies source their hemp Remember, cannabis that’s grown in Asia and Europe is not held to the same standards as hemp that’s grown in the United States.
- The levels of THC that are in a product. Even though THC is a natural component of cannabis, all CBD products created and sold within the United States must legally only contain less than 0.3% THC. Therefore, always select products from companies that adhere strictly to this law.
- Learn the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Briefly, full-spectrum products offer the most benefits because these products contain a large number of terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp actives. Full-spectrum products are more effective because all of the compounds come together to interact with one another in the body.
- Thoroughly read into the brands’ ingredients to see what they may contain. Tinctures, edibles, as well as cosmedics can potentially have unnatural flavoring agents, preservatives, and other non-beneficial ingredients in them. Always select products that are certified organic and that are made from all-natural, chemical-free ingredients.
- Purchase products from brands that use third-party labs to test their products and that make those test results easily available to customers. Third-party lab results allow consumers to know exactly what it is they are putting inside of their bodies.
CBD Oil Dosage: How Much to Take?
Just like with most all holistic supplements, the correct dosing with CBD is also very important.
For starters, keep in mind that everyone’s body is different. Therefore, there is not a perfect done for any one single individual. In essence, what may be an effective dose for one person might not be an effective dose for another.
Higher is not always better with CBD. Mid-range doses tend to offer more benefits than low or high doses.
If you are new to CBD, begin by taking a single daily 5mg dose for about one week before reassessing and increasing your dose. When you increase your dose, do so gradually. Low and slow is the best way to go when it comes to CBD.
Each time a dose is increased, stay with that new dose for at least one week before increasing again because the body needs ample time to adjust to the new dosage.
If you are someone who has never tried CBD before, then it’s wise to start with a ½ dropper of FAB CBD’s 300mg CBD oil once per day. This will equal about 5mg.
After one week, reassess and see how you feel. If you feel that you need more CBD oil, then begin taking ½ dropper twice daily to equal about 10mg a day.
Issues that CBD Oil can Help Alleviate
CBD has risen in popularity as an effective method in treating various medical conditions. In fact, many individuals have taken to incorporating CBD into their regular health regimen to treat conditions ranging from chronic pain to anxiety and depression, sleep issues, and muscle aches.
Even though many have been using CBD as a natural remedy for a great number of years, scientists are just beginning to research the compound to understand both its chemical makeup and the great number of benefits.
CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol, is naturally found in the hemp and marijuana components of the cannabis plant. However, unlike its cannabinoid counterpart, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD will not cause users to feel that well-known euphoric high.
While individuals are using CBD to help alleviate various conditions, it’s important to note that CBD is not taken with the intention to cure any medical issues.
Some general conditions that people are taking CBD oil for are:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Nausea (sometimes related to cancer)
- Pain-chronic and acute
- Sleep issues
- Skin conditions
CBD Oil and the Endocannabinoid System
The endocannabinoid system was first discovered in the late 80s/early 90s and is made up of cannabinoid receptors, metabolic enzymes, and endocannabinoids that help to regulate bodily functions such as:
- Immune function
- Motor control
- Temperature regulation
When CBD oil is taken orally or used topically as a cream, it works synergistically with the body’s endocannabinoid system through the receptors in both the central and peripheral nervous system to help regulate bodily functions so that the body can return to a state of homeostasis.
How Do You Use CBD?
CBD oil can be swallowed orally in capsule form, rubbed onto the skin as a topical salve or cream, and eaten as a gummy or other edible. The most popular form, CBD oil, is simply dropped under the tongue before being ingested.
How individuals use CBD depends on what they are taking it for. For example, someone who is trying to alleviate muscle aches, pains, and cramps would most likely use a CBD topical salve or cream
Does CBD Oil Have Side Effects?
While there are not any major risks associated with using CBD, some possible side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
- Withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia and irritability
Closing Thoughts: Which Company Comes Recommended?
Scientific research, as well as documented consumer reviews, have solidified the effectiveness of the best CBD oil on a host of medical conditions. Studies continue to prove time and again that CBD oil is a safe, effective, and natural treatment for tough conditions such as arthritis, depression, insomnia, epilepsy, autism, anxiety, fibromyalgia, and many others.
In light of how addictive and dangerous most prescription medications can be, there is an influx of consumers who are now looking towards CBD oil as a safe and natural alternative to help provide relief from whatever is ailing them.
Scientists are finding that CBD works synergistically with the endocannabinoid system within the body to help regulate many bodily systems and functions. It is in this regulation that the body eventually finds its way back to homeostasis.
CBD oil lacks intoxicating effects and has very few potential side-effects. When beginning a CBD regimen, it’s best to take the time to do the research to ensure that you are purchasing a high-quality product from a reputable brand.
Lastly, when beginning a CBD regimen, start low and go slow. Gradually increase the dosage weekly if you feel you need to. CBD oil is a wonderful addition to any health care regimen. The key is to do your due diligence and purchase products from the best possible brand. A good place to start is by looking at the brands that were discussed in this article.
If you are considering trying CBD oil for chronic pain, it’s advised to first discuss it over with your primary care doctor so that they can help you determine a safe starting dosage.