For some, pain goes above and beyond normal aches and discomforts that come with everyday living. Chronic pain and excruciating discomfort, sadly, is a regular way of life for a great number of individuals suffering with debilitating medical conditions that bring about widespread body aches, joint pain, muscle tension, nerve issues, and other maladies.
It’s a documented fact that not only are prescription painkillers dangerous, but they can also be highly addictive. Today, more people are seeking out natural methods to help alleviate and potentially eradicate their pain — both chronic and acute.
The recent rise in CBD’s popularity has given pain sufferers another avenue to explore when it comes to natural pain management. Our article below presents to you the best CBD cream for pain. If you don’t have time to read the full article, we can recommend Fab CBD cream.
In it, we will explore various CBD brands and discuss how CBD works to help alleviate various forms of pain.
The CBD Break, who sponsors our article, has no affiliation with the brands mentioned below.
How We Compiled Our CBD Cream for Pain List:
In order to compose our article, we started by crafting a long list of CBD cream brands that are popular in today’s market. Because of the recent rise in CBD’s popularity, our list grew to extreme lengths.
We then researched each brand by looking deeply into customer reviews on products, how each company sourced and created its CBD extracts, third-party lab test reports, and more.
Based on our results, we began cutting CBD brand names from our list until we were left with a few brands that met our stringent standards.
Next, we carved our list down even further until we were finally left with the top 5 names in CBD that are found a little deeper in this article.
Please know that our list would not be considered complete if we had not included documented reports and input from respected CBD journalists, niche experts, and real CBD consumers.
What We Looked For:
When we were looking to cut down our extensive list of CBD cream brands, we looked at each brand and its products for:
- How effective each brand was at relieving various types of pain, inflammation, discomfort, sleep issues, and other conditions.
- Hemp sources.
- The company’s processing facilities and whether or not they met tough FDA guidelines.
- Whether the products are made of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The THC levels that were left in the final products once they made it to store shelves.
- Whether the company lab-tested its products and made those results readily available to customers on its website.
- Whether or not the brand gives dosage and usage instructions to its customers.
- The brand’s overall reputation and customer reviews.
- Whether the brand offered conclusive, vetted information about CBD — what it is, how it works, its benefits, etc.
In closely looking at all of these factors and criteria, we present to you our shortlist featuring the following five brands.
Best CBD Cream for Pain in 2020
FAB was first founded in 2017. Everyone at FAB shares the same mission: to make high-quality CBD products accessible to everyone.
FAB’s founder and staff have many years of experience in the health, nutrition, and fitness industries. The company creates CBD products according to a high set of standards that it never deviates from. FAB has a fresh-smelling, highly-effective topical cream that contains 600mg of CBD per jar, a top-shelf line of CBD oils in varying strengths, top-rated CBD gummies, CBD dog treats, and an amazing new line of superfoods.
All of FAB’s products are created from high-quality organic Colorado-grown hemp that is turned into a superior extract through a clean, industry preferred, solvent-free CO2 extraction process.
All of FAB’s products are super-clean and are loaded with beneficial cannabinoids and health-boosting terpenes.
FAB is clearly the top pick for CBD cream for pain as:
Top Quality CBD Cream: Fab’s CBD cream is light, non-greasy, has a fresh citrus scent, and is highly effective in the treatment and management of pain. It’s one of the brand’s popular products among customers. Fab’s topical CBD cream contains 600mg of CBD per jar.
Variety: FAB offers customers full-spectrum oils in a number of different strengths and flavors, a topical CBD cream, CBD gummies, and more. The brand’s CBD topical cream is a wonderful option for those who want an easy way to treat localized areas of pain on the body.
Organic Hemp Sources: In order to create its products, FAB sources its organically-grown, full-spectrum hemp directly from Colorado. The hemp that FAB sources is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment. In doing this, FAB guarantees its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a superior end product.
Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using the third-party lab, ProVerde Laboratories. FAB also makes test results readily available to customers on its website.
Money-back guarantee: FAB gives all of its clients a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This option is great for those who are trying CBD products for the first time.
- Light, non-greasy, freshly scented, highly-effective topical CBD cream.
- Voted #1 on Laweekly, Austinchronicle & many others.
- Top-notch customer service.
- Third-party lab-tested products.
- Fast shipping.
- Free shipping on all orders over $89.
- No shipping to Canada or the UK.
- No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.
#2 Pure Relief CBD Cream (500mg)
According to its website, Pure Relief was founded by former tire store owner Michael Melton. Melton began the company as a way to address his concerns over North Carolina’s opioid epidemic.
The brand’s mission is to simply offer the best CBD products to help customers find relief. The brand also aims to educate consumers on how CBD and how it can be used to improve their lives.
Variety: Pure Relief has a wide array of products including a CBD cream, full-spectrum oils, raw hemp flower, and CBD gummies, among others. Pure Relief’s CBD cream contains 500mg of CBD per jar.
Affordability: Each of the brand’s products are sold at affordable prices.
Third-Party Lab Testing: Pure Relief tests each of their products by using an independent lab. The test results can be found on the brand’s website within the product descriptions.
- Affordable prices.
- Large product selection.
- Veteran discount.
- The brand does not ship to Idaho, Ohio, or South Dakota.
#3 CBDistillery CBD Cream (500mg)
CBDistillery was founded in 2016 by Colorado natives. The founders were inspired to create a brand of high-quality CBD products in order to combat the influx of inferior CBD products that were saturating the market. According to many sources, the brand offers a large variety of highly-potent, cost-effective CBD products, including a CBD cream that contains 500mg per jar.
Selection: CBDistillery offers a large selection of CBD creams that contain 500mg of CBD per jar, salves, full-spectrum oils, vapes, capsules, powders, and isolates.
Clean products: All of CBDistillery’s products are full-spectrum, non-GMO, third-party lab tested, and US Hemp Authority certified.
- Wide-array of CBD creams and salves targeted for various issues as well as cooling and warming salves.
- The brand uses coconut oil as a base for all of its CBD oils.
- Reported shipping delays.
- Documented customer complaints regarding the potency of the brand’s products.
- Company contact information is not easily able to be found on the website.
#4 Joy Organics CBD Cream (250mg) and Salve (500mg)
Joy Organics was founded by humanitarian Joy Smith, who used CBD to help her get a handle on serious sleep disturbances and other health issues. The brand is a family-owned business and each family member brings their own special strengths and skills to add to the brand.
Joy Organics has a large variety of products that include topical CBD salves that contain 500mg per jar, CBD creams that contain 250mg of CBD per one-ounce pump container, CBD oils, soft-gel caps, gummies, pet products, a hemp-infused face mask, and even a hemp-infused energy drink. The brand’s mission is to develop high-quality products and to offer superior customer service
Detailed Lab Reports: Every batch of Joy Organics’ products are tested by a third-party laboratory. The results are then made readily accessible to customers.
Family Owned and Operated: Joy Organics set out to create a brand that customers can trust. To that end, every member of the owner’s family works to make the company the best it can be.
- Joy Organics offers both a CBD cream that contains 250mg of CBD per one-ounce pump container as well as a CBD salve that contains 500mg of CBD per jar.
- Extensive lab testing by a third-party laboratory. Customers can access these results via a QR code on the packaging.
- Only organic grown hemp from natural seeds is used for products.
- Products are further processed to remove unwanted plant chlorophyll and solvent residue.
- Free shipping.
- Not all products are vegan.
- No international shipping.
#5 Premium Jane CBD Salve
Premium Jane is located in Arizona. The brand’s mission is to educate and engage the CBD community about the natural, beneficial properties of organic hemp products.
According to the brand’s website, all of Premium Jane’s products are sourced from actual hemp plant material that is grown in strain-specific microclimates. In using this method, the brand is able to get the most beneficial cannabidiol out of the hemp.
Premium Jane has a line of CBD topical creams in cocoa butter and eucalyptus, CBD oils, capsules, and gummies. According to the company’s website, all of the products are crafted from a controlled, regulated industrial hemp supply.
Highest-grade Hemp: Premium Jane has a licensing agreement with Oregon Pilot Research farms, which allows the company to have access to some of the highest-grade industrial hemp in the country.
Purity and Taste: Premium Jane uses 100% natural citrus extracts in all of its CBD oils.
- The team at Premium Jane is made up of farmers, agricultural experts, and microbiologists.
- Organic hemp that is free from dangerous solvents.
- Large variety of products including CBD creams, oils, and gummies.
- Affordable prices.
- All products are manufactured in the USA.
- No vape products are available to customers.
What You Should Know When Purchasing a quality CBD Cream
CBD products have grown in popularity. Because of this, there has been a large influx of new CBD brands out on the market. When you set out to purchase a CBD product, it’s best to remember that not all CBD brands are not created equal.
After deciding to add a CBD cream into your daily health routine, it’s best to always know:
- Where CBD companies source their hemp Remember, cannabis that’s grown in Asia and Europe is not held to the same standards as hemp that’s grown in the United States.
- The levels of THC that are in a product. Even though THC is a natural component of cannabis, all CBD products created and sold within the United States must legally only contain less than 0.3% THC in them. Therefore, always select products from companies that adhere strictly to this law.
- Learn the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Briefly, full-spectrum products offer the most benefits because these products contain a large number of terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp actives in them. Full-spectrum products are more effective because all of the compounds come together to interact with one another in the body.
- Thoroughly read into the brands’ ingredients to see what they may contain. Tinctures, edibles, as well as cosmedics can potentially have unnatural flavoring agents, preservatives, and other non-beneficial ingredients in them. Always select products that are certified organic and that are made from all-natural, chemical-free ingredients.
- Purchase products from brands that use third-party labs to test their products and that make those test results easily available to customers. Third-party lab results allow consumers to know exactly what it is they are putting inside of their bodies.
CBD Creams and Pain: How to Effectively Use Them
Pain comes in many different forms. While some individuals suffer from short-term general muscle aches and joint pain, others regularly deal with deep and chronic pain that stems from various medical conditions like fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, epilepsy, arthritis, and other painful inflammatory conditions.
While CBD oil works to internally handle different issues, conversely, CBD creams are a wonderful way to help isolate and treat pain on an external level. CBD creams are made by infusing CBD, or cannabidiol, into a cream or salve with olive oil or coconut oil base that contains other therapeutic essential oils and herbs. When it comes to purchasing a highly-effective CBD cream for pain, creams that contain more than 400mg of CBD in them per jar will be the most potent and beneficial in helping with overall pain management.
CBD creams are an easy, fast, and effective way to decrease pain and reduce and relieve inflammation. Studies show that CBD is highly effective at relieving inflammation because it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system to calm down overactive pain receptors. Not only that, but CBD itself contains many soothing and healing properties. Therefore, applying CBD cream to swollen, painful, and inflamed areas allows the CBD to soak into the skin to bring down swelling and reduce pain.
CBD Creams and Safety
Like most CBD products, CBD creams are highly regarded as both safe and effective not only by those who use them, but also by scientists and industry experts. One thing is certain: using CBD cream for pain, or using any other CBD product for that matter, is safer than using dangerous and highly addictive prescription painkillers and NSAIDs.
While regular opioid use can lead to dangerous addictions, the steady use of NSAIDs can also cause problematic health issues. In fact, regular NSAID use often induces stomach ulcers, bleeding, high blood pressure, and an increased risk of heart attacks.
How CBD Can Help Alleviate Pain
Both humans and animals have an endocannabinoid system that helps to regulate mood, appetite, pain, memory, and inflammation, among other bodily functions. The endocannabinoid system has cannabinoid receptors that work with nerve receptors in the brain, nerve endings, and gastrointestinal system to help keep the body in a state of homeostasis or regulation.
Whenever CBD is used, the cannabinoids in CBD mimic the body’s own endocannabinoids. Thus, CBD products work with our endocannabinoid system in order to help bring about biological harmony. This explains why CBD is an effective and natural way to help alleviate pain, inflammation, sleep issues, anxiety, depression, and many other medical conditions.
CBD has fast become known as a proven method in the treatment of a host of medical conditions. Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is found both in the marijuana and hemp of the cannabis plant. But, unlike its sister compound, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD does not cause users to feel high.
Even though CBD is commonly used to help alleviate the pain that stems from a host of medical conditions, it’s important to note that it is not taken with the express intention to cure any of those medical conditions.
People commonly use CBD cream to help alleviate pain originating from
- Muscle aches
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Pain-chronic and acute
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nerve pain
- Back pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Headaches and Migraines
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- General body aches and pains
The Simplicity of CBD Creams for Pain
Unlike CBD oil, which requires time to find exactly the right dosage that will work for each individual person and his/her needs, CBD cream is a lot easier to use. Most users simply apply CBD cream by rubbing a small dollop directly onto the areas where they are experiencing pain.
The CBD that is infused into the cream will then absorb into the skin and enter into the affected area. Most individuals who regularly use CBD cream report feeling a decrease in pain within a few minutes to an hour of application. CBD cream can be used as often as needed and may be applied almost anywhere that pain or discomfort is felt.
Does CBD Cream Have Adverse Effects?
While there are not any major risks associated with using CBD creams, some possible side effects of using CBD oils can include:
- Low blood pressure
- Withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia and irritability
Final Thoughts: What’s the Best CBD Cream for Pain
Countless positive customer reviews make Fab CBD cream the clear winner and favorable research studies show that CBD cream is a safe and effective way to help manage and alleviate both chronic and acute pain that arises from a host of medical as well as non-medical conditions.
CBD cream is used to tackle the tough pain that comes from multiple sclerosis, arthritis, osteoarthritis, chronic migraine headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, epilepsy, and many others.
Now more than ever, more individuals are turning to CBD as a safe and non-addictive way to treat both chronic and acute pain. An increasing number of pain sufferers are looking for a more natural method of pain relief instead of filling prescriptions for dangerous and addictive pain medications or taking daily doses of over-the-counter NSAIDs.
CBD cream and other CBD products do not have any intoxicating effects and also contain very few potential side-effects. Before beginning a CBD regimen, take some time to do the research to ensure any CBD products you purchase are clean and are from a reputable brand.
CBD cream is a fantastic and simple way to help alleviate pain. However, before purchasing any CBD products, make sure that you do your due diligence and purchase products from the best possible brand. A good place to start is by looking at the brands that were discussed in this article.
If you are considering trying CBD creams for pain, it’s advised to first discuss it over with your primary care doctor.