Black Tie Dinner – the nation’s largest LGBTQ fundraising dinner of its kind – distributed a record $1,440,000 to its 17 beneficiaries during its 2019 Wrap Party & Beneficiary Distribution event at Gilley’s South Side Music Hall.
The distribution amounts were announced by Black Tie Dinner Board members to community leaders of the 16 North Texas LGBTQ-supportive Beneficiaries and Black Tie Dinner’s National Beneficiary, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
“We are excited to be announcing a record-breaking distribution this year. It is because of the dedication of our Board, the support of our sponsors, and the commitment of our table captains and volunteers that we are achieving this milestone. But we know it is really the hard work and services provided to our community by our beneficiaries that make all of the effort worth it. This is truly a celebration of them,” says Nathan Robbins, Black Tie Dinner Co-Chair.
This year’s record fundraising pushed Black Tie Dinner’s total distribution since its inception to over $25M in funds distributed to the LGBTQ community.
The 2019 Black Tie Dinner distributed the following funds to this year’s beneficiaries:
- AIDS Outreach Center $38,882.00
- AIDS Services of Dallas $46,551.00
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star. $65,487.00
- Cathedral of Hope United Church of Christ. $57,482.00
- Celebration Community Church $52,426.00
- Equality Texas Foundation $47,450.00
- Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund $50,567.00
- Legacy Counseling Center $50,126.00
- Northaven United Methodist Church $61,408.00
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas $44,414.00
- Promise House $40,007.00
- Rainbow Roundup $62,421.00
- Resource Center $62,761.00
- Trans Kids and Families of Texas $53,219.00
- Turtle Creek Chorale $47,801.00
- Uptown Players $49,001.00
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation (National Beneficiary) $610,000.00
In addition, Black Tie Dinner also announced that once again BBVA will be returning as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2020 Dinner. “BBVA has become a huge part of our Black Tie Dinner family”, stated Jeremy Hawpe, Black Tie Dinner Co-Chair. “BBVA’s commitment to Black Tie Dinner as our presenting sponsor makes a night like tonight possible. We look forward to our continued partnership in making an impact on the lives of so many.”
Black Tie Dinner announced October 3, 2020 as the date for their 39th Annual Dinner being hosted again at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. For more information about Black Tie Dinner, please visit blacktie.org.