Obsessed with the warm wine you get once a year at the holiday markets downtown? Don’t worry, we got you. You might know this spiced wine by a few other names such as glühwein or glögg, but for us, we called it Fireside Spice Mulled Wine. This delightful heated drink can be made to serve a whole guest list for any party you may have coming up, just double the recipe!
This recipe is a great healthy alternative to the traditional mulled wine recipe. With mixing in Tiesta Tea’s Fireside Spice Tea (unbrewed), the hibiscus and cinnamon will spice up your mulled wine in a functional way and add that Christmas-time aroma.
Recipe yields 5 8oz glasses
Mulled Wine Ingredients:
- 40oz of a red blend wine
- 1 cup of Fireside Spice loose tea (not brewed)
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Orange slices for garnish
- Pour 40oz of wine into a crockpot (or for an alcohol-free alternative use apple cider)
- Turn crockpot on high heat
- Put 1 cup of Fireside Spice loose tea into tea filters or tea balls. You can use a cheesecloth or a closed strainer if you do not have a tea filter or tea ball.
- Immerse filled tea filters/balls into the crockpot. The tea will infuse the wine with a taste of hibiscus, cinnamon, and apple.
- Keep the mulled wine warm in the crockpot on high for 30 minutes
- Use a ladle to pour into glasses and garnish with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice
- Keep leftover mulled wine at medium heat
You can buy Fireside Spice and other Tiesta Tea loose tea blends in Market Street stores and on tiestatea.com.