Those with dreams of making a Spanish Colonial their own are going to be absolutely smitten with this Southwestern sophisticate located in the heart of Dallas. This 2006 construction was designed by Richard Drummond Davis and built by Barry Buford. Its tree lined street is quaint and quiet in a way that absolutely warrants an in-person walk-through. It’s that dreamy.
From the moment you pull up, you know that this home is anything but ordinary. In fact, the building team took great pride in the historic architectural design and materials used. Think hard coat stucco, cantera stone trim, deep barrel tile for the roof, and a custom crafted door.
And the awe-inspiring details do not stop once you walk inside. You are immediately greeted by wide plank pine floors, and gorgeous arched doorways. But what really got us all weak in the knees was the colorful, hand-designed tile work. Other design elements worth noting are the Saltillo tile floors and the iron staircase balustrade. Functional rooms like a study, workout space, and television den make this home much more than just a pretty space.
What the pictures simply cannot portray is how effortless the flow of this home is. From the moment we stepped inside, we could picture cocktails in the formal living space around the cozy fire, followed by a formal diner in the dining room. And that’s just inside. The outside is an entertainer’s true delight and would surely be the go-to fiesta location amongst your friend group. Think outdoor kitchen, dining space, sitting area, and even a fireplace.
A home like this doesn’t pop up on the market every day. We would know because we watch it like a hawk. If Spanish homes tickle your fancy, don’t let another moment pass before you book a tour. ¡Viva Preston Hollow!
To see more luxury homes for sale in Preston Hollow, click here.
Market Knowledge. Skilled Negotiator. Ultimate Networker.
Experienced. Kay has been a Top Producer with Ebby Halliday REALTORS® for 28 years and has completed over 1000 real estate transactions.
Successful. Kay has ranked among the top 10 individual producers at Ebby Halliday.
Respected. Kay has been recognized as one of the Best Real Estate Agents in Dallas by D Magazine every year since 2001. She has also been named REALTOR® of the year by MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, which represents over 17,000 local real estate professionals.
Professional. Kay holds the Graduate Realtor Institute and Certified Residential Specialist professional designations.
Professional Offices and Organizations:
- National Association of REALTORS®, Past Director
- Texas Association of REALTORS®, Former Regional VP
- MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, Past President
- Greater MetroTex MLS Board, Past Chairman
- MetorTex Education Committee, Past Chairman
- MetroTex Board of Directors Nominating Committee
- Leadership GDAR, Past President and Charter Member
- Premier Producers Network, Charter Member
- Leadership Texas, Graduate
Civic Service Organizations:
- KKG Foundation, Trustee and Chairman of the Financial Assistance Committee
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Women’s Fraternity, Past National Membership Director
- KKG Dallas Alumae Association, Past President and Tablescape Chairman
- Junior League of Dallas, Sustaining Member
- Preston Hollow Women’s Club, Past President
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra League, 2013 Symphony Ball Chairman
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society, Friends Committee