Whether it’s a scale or non-scale victory, seeing the visible changes in your body from diet and exercise is an instant mood-booster. That mood can fall flat, however, when stubborn pockets of fat keep you from wearing your favorite jeans or this summer’s hottest swim suit. Sometimes problem areas just won’t budge, despite vigorous exercise and a near-flawless diet.
Enter CoolSculpting. It’s an FDA-cleared, noninvasive procedure that targets and eliminates stubborn fat for a more contoured body. Love handles or muffin tops, thick upper arms, and pinchable inner and outer thigh fat can all be effectively targeted by CoolSculpting treatments. And once treated – the fat is gone for good!
What it is:
CoolSculpting safely delivers precisely controlled cooling with customized treatments via a comfortable applicator to gently and effectively target fat cells underneath the skin. Treated fat cells are crystallized or frozen, and then die off. Over time, the body naturally processes the fat and eliminates the cells, leaving a more sculpted appearance. Typically, fat cells in the treated area are noticeably reduced and because these cells are naturally processed and eliminated, they won’t migrate to other untreated areas of the body.
How it works:
During the CoolSculpting treatment, a gel pad and applicator will be applied to the area being treated. The applicator will deliver controlled cooling to the targeted fat for about 30 minutes to one hour per treatment cycle. The CoolSculpting system features a range of applicators to fit different body shapes and sizes and to address specific treatment areas for optimal results.
“There is nothing like it on the market,” says Briana McIntosh, a nurse with Sona Dermatology & Med Spa. “A lot of people think weight loss and fat reduction are the same thing—they’re not. CoolSculpting freezes the fat without affecting any surrounding tissues or muscles. The fat cells are targeted and destroyed.”
One of the biggest advantages of CoolSculpting—besides the results—is that, unlike more invasive procedures such as liposuction, there is no downtime. Clients can read or even take a nap during the treatment and resume normal activities—including exercise—after treatment. Most clients only need one to two treatments, but sometimes a third is required for best results. The results of CoolSculpting are most evident in about two to three months after treatment.
To get the best results from CoolSculpting, consider the following:
- Determine if you’re a good candidate. CoolSculpting offers the best results for those who are close to their ideal weight and physically fit and only have a little extra fat in isolated areas.
- Make sure your stubborn areas of fat can be treated. CoolSculpting works best on the abdomen, back/flanks, thighs, upper arms, inner and outer thighs, and chin.
- Don’t confuse CoolSculpting with a weight-loss procedure. It’s not. “Although you can’t regrow fat cells, your results may not look as good if you put on weight after the procedure,” McIntosh says. “It’s important to continue a healthy diet and exercise after treatment for best results. CoolSculpting should never be used as a solution to obesity or an alternative to a weight-loss program.”
Once you’ve determined you are a candidate for CoolSculpting, it’s important to know that just because a med-spa offers the procedure doesn’t mean it will be administered correctly or safely. Sona Dermatology & MedSpa offers the following tips when researching where to get CoolSculpting, or any noninvasive cosmetic procedure.
- Make sure everyone who administers CoolSculpting is certified and trained in the procedure. This is important not only for safety, but also for accurate assessments.
- Be wary of deals that seem too good to be true. Make sure the “fat-freezing” technique being offered is the FDA-cleared CoolSculpting. There are no other similar procedures on the market that are FDA-cleared.
- Be sure the med spa is staffed with registered nurses who work under doctors’ supervision.
- Be aware of promises and guarantees. No two bodies are alike, and results will vary from person to person. Your initial consultation should be informative and honest.
Sona Dermatology & MedSpa is the largest full-service aesthetics company in the nation with four locations throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Sona’s focus has always been its clients, providing them with exceptional service, efficacy, and safety in a comfortable, spa-like atmosphere. Under the oversight of medical directors, treatment professionals maintain strict safety standards and use the most advanced technology to help clients look and feel their best. As a leader in the aesthetics industry, Sona is committed to providing the best possible results. Which is why Sona offers the Sona CoolSculpting Promise for all Sona Dermatology & MedSpa clients who choose CoolSculpting. To learn more, click here or call 1-866-GET-SONA to schedule a free consultation.