Bring Your Own Platter – Central Market Cheese Kits
It is really just about that simple, all you need is your own platter, plate, slate, slab, or board and you have a perfectly paired cheese experience waiting to be enjoyed. Each cheese selection highlights a specific region of the cheese world, accompanied by crackers and paired with a spread or preserve, and ready to serve a lively group of ten. Each cheese kit is available at Central Market or click here to order online.
Alpine Cheese Selections
French Cheese Selections
Italian Cheese Selections
Spanish Cheese Selections
American Artisan Cheese Selections
English Cheese Selections
Not sure how to serve your cheese platter or need a wine pairing suggestion? Below are a few tips. Click here for more.
Cheese Platter Tips
- Be creative with the actual platter. Repurpose a wooden cutting board, a slate tile or slab of marble as a serving platter.
- One serving utensil per cheese. No “cheese” knives? Use butter knives.
- Don’t cube or pre-slice! Set cheeses out as whole pieces and encourage guests to cut into them by starting each one.
- Serve accompaniment in a small dish with a small spoon or knife. Place it right on the platter.
- Give the cheeses time to come to room temperature before eating.
What To Drink
- When serving a selection of cheeses, no single beverage will be the ultimate pairing for all of the cheeses.
- For wine, consider serving a selection or pick a wine that’s very food-friendly, like a Pinot Noir.
- For beer, choose a selection ranging from lagers to ales to IPA. Or choose one crisp lager that will complement most cheeses.