One of my mother’s biggest pet peeves is a chipped manicure. It personally offends her, which has made me a little sensitive on the subject. To avoid upsetting like-minded mothers or others, I tend to keep my nails free of anything but clear polish, but the truth is that I love mani/pedis deeply. Just imagining the cozy chairs, the seemingly endless polish color collection, and the free wine makes my heart soar. So on occasion, I like to treat myself.
After some crowd sourcing among friends and seeing the pretty photo featured above, I landed on Cali transplant Bellacures for my afternoon of pampering. I opted for the monthly special, March Madness Mint, because I like LTO options and I needed to experience Eucalyptus Mint Butter Cream for myself.
I could go into detail about how awesome my mani/pedi was, but a concise list of exactly why you should get yourself to Bellacures right now seems more fitting. (Although there was this really incredible moment with the aforementioned mint butter cream that mimicked the feeling of an Icy Hot patch that warrants mentioning.)
I’ve never been a girl who had a nail place. I was usually just happy to go to whatever salon was closest to my house. But I got hooked on this chic Park Cities spot, and will go there to get clear nail polish applied for the rest of my Dallas dwelling days. Here are five reasons why Bellacures is on a level all its own:
- Everyone was nice. Which is not to say employees at run-of-the-mill Dallas nail salons aren’t kind and lovely, but these people were really nice. It immediately set the tone for the service.
- The aesthetic. I’m a sucker for a poppy avocado green color scheme. Bonus points for the excellent magazine collection.
- It’s so fresh and so clean. The detached, lined bowls and throwaway tools put my germaphobe fears at ease, but it was the tan, suede chairs that really did me in. You can’t have tan or suede furniture if you’re not equipped to keep things clean.
- The location. I didn’t have time the day of my mani/pedi, but if I’d known the insane restaurant selection surrounding Bellacures, I would have certainly factored in time for a visit to HopDoddy or Taco Joint.
- The actual service. Granted, I went big with the monthly special, but even just a fourth of the work that went into my mani/pedi would have been heaven.
*In terms of the actual March Madness Mint mani/pedi, you should definitely get it, if for no other reason than to do get involved with March Madness and get your nails done.