Just in case you haven’t boned up on your Chanel/Lagerfeld trivia for tonight’s Métiers d’Art, here are some tidbits:
- One of the first places the Chanel scouting team visited in Dallas was Dolly Python, where they scooped up vintage 1950’s western wear.
- Lagerfeld’s nom de plume for his first collection at Jean Patou in 1958 was “Roland Karl.”
- When Coco Chanel received the Neiman Marcus Award in 1957, Lagerfeld was only 24 years old.
- Jackie Kennedy’s “pink bouclé suit” did not come from Chanel. It was a copy.
- Lagerfeld’s love is Choupette, a year-old cat that has two maids and eats on the table with the Kaiser. When the two are forced to be apart, a journal is kept of Choupette’s activities. She even has her own Facebook page and Twitter account.
Stay tuned to ShopTalk. More tidbits about the French invasion are coming.