For this week’s mom style inspiration we turn to the effortlessly chic Katie Holmes. Known for her inseparable bond with daughter Suri (not to mention her insanely good taste), Holmes shows us it’s possible to toggle between work and play while not missing a sartorial beat. So how do you recreate Katie’s look without having a mental breakdown in the middle of Neiman Marcus? (Don’t worry, nobody saw it happen.) It all starts with piecing together spot-on separates and not overdoing it. After all, keeping things simple is always in vogue.
Here’s how Katie makes it work.
- Just breathe. Nothing says summer in the Texas like an airy white blouse. A flowy boho cut keeps things modern (not to mention comfortable). It’s the perfect staple to take you from running errands to a patio dinner date with your hubs.
- Be down-to-earth. Earth tones, that is. Every mom needs three neutral-toned items on standby: a pair of tortoiseshell shades, a camel sandal, and a go-to tote big enough for all the stuff you need to schlepp around town (don’t worry, you’ll have time to clean it out one day).
- Consider color. And when I say color, I mean turquoise. You can never go wrong with a hint of this timeless summertime stone. A pair of statement pair of earrings take the white blouse and skinny jeans from functional to fabulous.
Get The Look:
- Oliver Peoples Jacey 53mm sunglasses, $325 at Neiman Marcus
- Mark Spirito turquoise drop earrings, at Stanley Korshak
- Louise et Cie Carrie sandal, $117.95 at Nordstrom
- Laced & ruched tunic, $98 at Anthropologie
- Gucci Sukey medium tote bag, $1,580 at Neiman Marcus