Although Wallis Giunta, mezzo-soprano opera singer, is actually Canadian, we’re claiming her as our own while she lives, breathes, (bicycles), and works in Fort Worth playing Cherubino in the the Fort Worth Opera’s The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. (Playing through June 1.)
A Few Fun Facts About Wallis Giunta:
-Her life is mapped out three years in advance, as that’s how opera houses book performers.
-She nearly speaks four languages: English, Italian, German, and French
-She doesn’t own a cell phone for “better quality of life.”
-Wallis is a vegetarian (it’s how she was raised).
-She rescues and fosters bunny rabbits.
-Wallis’ character kisses three others during The Marriage of Figaro
Click to listen to Wallis Giunta as Cherubino in The Marriage of Figaro
1. Notebooks. “For staging notes and singing thoughts and ideas.”
2. Mozart, Bärenreiter Urtext edition. “It’s the definitive edition.”
3. Earrings. “I always keep with them me in case I need to become an opera singer in a moment.”
4. Ray-Ban sunglasses.
5. Business card holder.
6. Matt & Nat vegan wallet.
7. Oil of oregano. “A quintessential singer item. An immune boosting remedy.”
8. Lärabar. “My favorite healthy snack.”
9. Bike tool. “I ride a bicycle as my commuting tool.”
10. Clutch. “For running errands.”
11. Post-Its. “I’m constantly tabbing every opera score.”
12. Olbas Pastilles herbal cough drops. “A singer’s best friend. They’re the lozenge version of a slap in the face.”
13. Swatch watch.
14. Nook. “It’s brand new, and I’m totally in love with it.”
15. (from left) Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion (“Aveda is my favorite line for beauty products with ingredients I can actually pronounce”), Thann Rice Extract Lip Balm, Aveda Nourish-mint Rehydrating lip glaze in Pink Lotus, Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N34 Candy Pink.
17. Camera. “I travel a lot as a singer and combat loneliness with a camera. It’s like having a friend with me.”