I can’t wait to attend this Friday’s Fashion Group International‘s Fashion & Lifestyle Awards that will take place at the W Loft (the old LFT space) at Victory Park. Instead of the traditional seated dinner/awards ceremony (which to be honest, can be quite boring), the cocktail party and presentation will be interactive this year. The purple carpet will be rolled out and famed fashion TV Host, Style Expert and Editor in Chief of PinkMemo.com, Katrina Szish will welcome honorees including Harry Bock, Danielle Teylor, Holly Haber, Rachelle Dauphinee, V.O.D., and Sartel. In addition to the awards and the fashion show of Dallas-based designers (including Abi Ferrin, Geoffrey Henning, L. Weatherread Design, Nha Khanh, Oscar Fierro, Rochelle Rodriguez and more) – produced by the ever-fashionable and imaginative Jan Strimple – the event will be textured with artisans and designers who will be on-hand working their crafts and mingling with guests throughout the evening. Highlights include:
- Cassandra MacGregor, designer of House of MacGregor, will be building and shaping some of her hat designs.
- Louise Black (yes, the one from Project Runway) will be showcasing some of her prized waist and arm corsets in varying stages of completion.
- From Dallas Lace Society: Rita Hansen-Nieuwendijk will make Belgian lace and Patricia Bailey will be doing tatting lace.
- Rocio Ildemaro of her namesake shoe collection will have visuals of her design process.
- Elizabeth Anyaa, Textile designer will invite guests to try their hand at weaving.
It’s going to be a fun and fashionable night. For more information and to purchase tickets, go here. See you there!