1. Plan ahead and take three “Hangover Formula” tablets the night beforeand three more the morning after. Fifty tablets for $7.98 at Health Gems.3241862.
2. Try an Asian version of hangover relief with either acupressure, reiki, ormyotherapy, $45 an hour at Acumassage, 739-3424.
3. Sweat it out in a dry sauna, then follow up with a cold shower for a $5fee at Fitness Unlimited Health Centers, 484-4400.
4. If you can open your eyes without pain, consider a movie. But why get outof bed to fetch videos when you can have tapes and video equipmentdelivered? Tapelenders. 3910 Cedar Springs, 528-6344. Average charge forthree-tapes is $8.50 for a two-day loan. Additional fee for pickup service.
5. To soothe the savaged psyche, savor two servings of chicken soup deliveredto your door by Neiman-Marcus stores (at NorthPark, 368-8311). Chargesbegin at $6.50 for a one-day advance notice and vary depending upon mileage.Fees begin at $20 for immediate delivery within the hour.
6. Pay someone else to run that booming vacuum cleaner while you hug thepillows or escape to brunch. That’s Service maids for general cleaning,823-5032. Fee for one-bedroom apartment begins at $27.50. One day’s advance notice suggested.
7. Unwind with fifty minutes of deep therapeutic massage for $30 at Blair’sBotinique, 2915 LBJ Freeway, 620-2838.
8. Grab a hair of the dog at one of the local bars listed in Jim Atkinson’s TheHew From Nowhere, a comprehensive guide to the nation’s bars that contains his suggestions for hangover dos and don’ts. The paperback sells for$8.95 at many local stores.
9. Relieve your headache with a session of foot reflexology for $20 at Nature’sAlternatives, 2415 W. Kiest Boulevard, 337-6057.
10. If nothing else works, try the Dallas Headache Clinic, 8226 DouglasAvenue, 692-7011. Initial appointments are on Tuesdays only with fees beginning at $140. Most insurance policies accepted.
11. IIA colonic therapist will flush your system clean for $50 on the initial visit at Concern For Inner Balance, 5123 Victor Street, 824-2604.
12. If you don’t ever want to drink again, painless electro-acupuncture-that’s not an oxymoron-could help you lose your desire for alcohol. For $45, an RN takes thirty minutes to probe your ear lobes with the sterile pins. By appointment only at Pain Control Clinic, 3505 Turtle Creek Boulevard, 521-0010.