1. Bloomingdale’s celebrates its first year with Happy Birthday Happy Hour featuring specials and promotions throughout the cosmetics department. (Through October 13)
3. Sanger Harris hosts a personal appearance by Cynthia Steffi, designer for Spi-talnick fashions, presenting special showings of her new fell line for women. In the Specialty Shop. Highland Park, 1 to 4 pm and Valley View, 6:30 pm. (Continues October 4 at Hulen Mall, 6:30 pm)
6. Marshall Field’s hosts informal modeling of the latest fall fashions in the Greener Fields restaurant. 11 to 3 pm. (Continues each Saturday in October)
10. Adrien Arpel makes a personal appearance at Bloomingdale’s with fashion shows and makeovers. 9 am, 1 pm and 7 pm. Call 450-2233 for reservations. (Through October 11)
13. Jorge Miguel Joaillier offers private consultations on coordinating precious jewels with individual wardrobes. At Lou Lattimore. Call 691-1256 for more information.
15. Saks Fifth Avenue presents its SFA International Collection, a showing ofAmerican and European designs withinformal modeling. In the DesignerSalon. 12 to 4 pm. (Through October20)
16. Sanger Harris welcomes Liz Claibornefashion representative Richard Aaronfor showings and personal consultations. In Better Sportswear. CollinCreek, 4:30 pm. (Continues October 17at Preston Center, 12:15 pm and ValleyView, 6:30 pm; October 18 at Six Flags,12:15 pm and Hulen Mall, 6:30 pm)
Lancome makeup and skin analysis at Marshall Field’s. Call 851-1203 for an appointment. (Through October 18)
20. Bloomingdale’s hosts a representative of Betmar Hats to explain the millinery trends for fall. In Accessories. 11 to 3 pm.
24. Saks Fifth Avenue presents a Rina di Montella trunk show with informal modeling. In the Designer Salon. 12 to 4 pm.