Lobster Scallion “Shooters”
(serves 8) (prep time: 2 hrs)
|Chef of the Month Kent Rathbun|
sesame oil, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, ginger, lobster meat, tamari soy sauce, mint, basil, dumplings wrappers, eggs, peanut oil
For the dumplings
2 oz. sesame oil
4 cloves garlic “minced
2 each shallot “minced
1 stalk lemongrass “minced
2 oz. ginger “peeled and minced
1 lb. lobster meat “chopped fine
1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
2 tlb mint “chopped
2 tlb basil “chopped
32 pieces dumplings wrappers
2 each eggs “whipped
3/4 quart peanut oil
1. In a medium saute pan, saute the garlic, shallots, lemongrass, and ginger in sesame oil until slightly browned.
2. Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl. Then fold in the lobster meat, soy sauce, sambal, scallions, mint, and basil.
3. Lay out dumpling wrappers evenly on a flat surface, then brush a thin layer of egg on each wrapper.
4. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
5. Then fold the edges of the wrappers up around the mixture and squeeze the edges to seal the dumpling.
6. Deep fry dumplings in peanut oil until golden brown at 350 degrees.
For the Red Curry-Coconut Cream Sauce please visit www.abacus-restaurant.com