D Magazine Partners seeks an experienced individual to help manage marketing and event programs driven by our clients. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of marketing strategy across a variety of industries, specifically as it relates to advertising, events, media, and online platforms. Ideally, the candidate’s experience should include working with sales leadership to understand market and client needs, leadership and management experience, strong organizational skills, promotion and events experience, and a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams. Copywriting skills are also a must.
Successful candidates will be excited and motivated by work that involves driving results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A critical key to success in this role is the ability to grasp and to quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing circumstances. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organization practices will often require training and developing others, and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather “telling” communication style. The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meetings and pro-actively establishing relationships with internal teams and stakeholders. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer, with strong attention to detail. This is a player-coach role; those only interested in managing and not executing need not apply.
– Work with events director, sales account representatives, sales marketing manager, audience development & brand team, and editorial stakeholders to execute event promotion, attendee communication, and marketing for D CEO and D Magazine’s 40+ events a year, with various ticket goals and audiences. Events range from award programs to 500+ – person symposiums—both virtual and in person. Immediate focus will be on D CEO events.
– Lead copywriter for event promotion, ticket pages, event collateral, and relevant sales materials.
– Coordinate event content asset production across departments and external stakeholders, ranging from speaker coordination and presentations to scripts and programs. Manager of timeline and coordinator of all components.
– Lead regular kickoff meetings for new initiatives and events, communicate follow up, and lead and document postmortem for constant improvement and adaptation.
– Quality control of assets, content, and overall attendee experience (in close coordination with event director who is executing logistics).
– Manages small team across events, design, and sales marketing. Reports to president.
– Develop impactful D CEO and B2B sales collateral and programs (Testimonials, case studies, sales videos, whitepapers, reports, etc), in conjunction with advertising marketing manager.
– Organize and maintain company-wide calendar of marketing initiatives and vertical priorities and needs.
– Develop new marketing and event strategies that help grow revenue.
– 5-7 years in a marketing or account representative role. Plus if work included event promotion.
– Copywriting experience; examples will be requested.
– Experience working with multiple stakeholders and proven ability to coordinate and work with others.
– Organizational skills a must.
Send a résumé, cover letter, and type “Marketing Director Application” into the subject line.
D Magazine Partners is seeking a motivated Advertising Executive to join the B2B advertising sales team and grow new business across digital and print for our partner brand, Dallas Innovates.
D Magazine Partners have a culture of excellence from the products we produce to the people we hire, and we are looking for a dynamic individual who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As Dallas Innovates account executive, your responsibilities will include – but are not limited to – the following:
Traits for success:
If you feel that you would fit into our fun, fast-paced environment where you will be surrounded by high-energy, driven individuals, then we want you!
D Magazine is hiring an online arts editor to manage the FrontRow section of the website. The job is two-pronged: you’ll dive into Dallas culture, becoming a trusted voice on visual art, music, dance, theater, television, and more. You will also help our readers find the best things to do in the city — streaming, for now, but eventually in-person, once it’s safe to gather. The job requires reporting, writing, and editing. In addition to your own stories, you’ll manage freelancers who contribute to the section. There will be opportunities for you to work on longer narrative and service projects, as well. The position will be located in downtown Dallas but performed remotely until it is safe to return to the office. The job is full time, with benefits. We will be accepting applications through Monday, January 11, 2021.
The Skills We’re Looking For:
How to Apply: