Entry level position responsible for supporting sales reps/sales department in order to me meet or exceed their revenue goals.
Advertising Sales Generation
-Cold call, email and mail prospective advertisers from generated client lists at ad rep’s direction
-Work alongside salesperson to expand & maintain client relationships, as well as develop creative advertising campaigns to help potential or existing clients achieve their business objectives in print, online, or through various sponsorship opportunities.
-Manage current client accounts in database
-Aid in client renewal process
-Meeting prep: proposal generation, price quotes, assembling media kits
-Assist ad reps on sales calls, manage sales calendar, keep things organized and detailed
-Collect art for special sections: Around Town, Dining guide and others as directed by sales
-Prospecting accounts through LinkedIN, Google search, social media research
-Fact checking “best” lists from edit
-Research current events, prospect from competitor magazines and newspapers
-Management of sales collateral- media kits, sponsorship promos, ad contracts, & RFP’s
-Administrative paperwork, reporting and monitoring
-Creative assistance with artwork and ad creation
-Gather artwork materials, payment materials
-Attend and provide support to brand and marketing teams in executing events
Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
D Magazine is seeking a motivated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels.
D Magazine is the city magazine of Dallas and has been voted The Best City Regional Magazine in the nation numerous times. For four decades, it has served as the independent voice of the city, revealing the best Dallas has to offer. D Magazine Partners also publishes D CEO, D Home, D Weddings, Dallas Medical Directory and dmagazine.com, an award-winning website.
We have a culture of excellence from the products we produce to the people we hire, and we are looking for a dynamic individual who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
As an advertising sales executive your responsibilities will include – but are not limited to – the following:
– Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions
– Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach
– Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers
– Achieving and exceeding monthly sales goals
– Must have experience working with a digital database
– Attend industry networking events to prospect future clients
– Attend D Magazine Partner events and network with attendees
Traits for success:
– Must have 3 years of direct sales experience.
– Must possess strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
– Must be an organized, self-starter, motivated toward success
– Must be a high energy, results oriented, enthusiastic team player
– Must exude self-confidence and have a positive outlook towards situations and people
– Must be able to understand marketing objectives for numerous types of businesses and how to provide optimal solutions
If you feel that you would fit into our fun, fast-paced environment where you will be surrounded by high-energy, driven individuals, then we want you!