I’m sorry if you’re tired of lists. I get it. I really do. If I get sent one more Buzzfeed article numerically listing the ways in which Miranda was actually the best character on Sex in the City, I might scream. (Even if Miranda was the best, and I would almost certainly view every example listed.)
Sometimes though, a list feels necessary. Like today, when I learned about the intense number of happenings at Highland Park Village this Saturday. There are overwhelming amounts of cool things, and you deserve to know about them all. But you also have a life, and might prefer to review those cool things in a condensed form.
Here, we give you a list. Forgive us.
- LOCAL. Since debuting last September, the charming outdoor market has continued to add some of our city’s most popular artisans and vendors. Their April event kicks off at 8:30am with leather accessories from Ora et Labora Collection, grab-and-go bouquets from Avant Garden, sweets from Kessler Pie Co., Bisous Bisous Pâtisserie, and White Rock Granola, children’s clothing and gear from The TOT, handcrafted dishes by LemonGlaze, and Mother Beverage’s infused apple cider vinegar drinks.
- Live music. Local entertainment will create the perfect soundtrack for supporting small businesses throughout the morning.
- Get a jump on Easter. Start the celebration a day early with Easter games, crafts, and even a petting zoo from 8:30-11am.
- Celebrate Highland Park Village’s first Spring Shopping Stroll from 10am-6pm. Stick around after LOCAL to enjoy seasonal sales and promotions at stores such as Tory Burch, Theory, alice + olivia, Madison and more.
- Treat yo’ self (for free). The inaugural Spring Shopping Stroll will include plenty of complimentary treats, a mimosa bar at Anne Fontaine, gourmet sorbet at TTH Forty Five Ten, and complimentary Kombucha and cookies at Bird Bakery. Capture it all at the sure-to-be-adorable photobooth outside Draper James.