Last week, we shared images of D’s gorgeous holiday tree, along with some tips on how to care for your own. This week, we’re talking trimmings. The D Magazine tree’s two lovely stylists (mother/daughter duo Ashley and Candy McPherren) were kind of enough to share a few tips to help you decorate your tree like a pro.
- Make sure your tree is to scale in your home. For example, if you have a 9-foot ceiling make sure the tree is at least 7.5-feet tall.
- Choose ornaments / balls of various sizes : the jumbo ones are perfect for adding drama to the tree or even fill in between branches to add dimension. Especially for live trees, this help lift the branches since there is irregular spacing.
- We love using green floral wire instead of hooks. It gives us greater control when placing our ornaments.
- Try placing ornaments on top of the branches instead of hanging them all. It’s a great way to showcase special ornaments.
- Adding clear or sparkly ornaments creates reflection with the lights, which makes your tree appear brighter.