We absolutely love it when we can pick up unique pieces for our homes, closets, and even our friends, in one fell swoop. But we love it even more when those unique pieces come from Texas designers and artists who are committed to encouraging positive social, ecological and global change.
Design-minded Dallasites can get a taste of that unique, one-stop shopping experience this Saturday, thanks to Oak Cliff based Paige Morse. The up-and-coming interior designer (whose work can be found in Domino, Elle Décor, Architectural Digest, and on the cover of the New York Times best-selling book The New Bohemians: Cool and Collected Homes”) has recruited some of Texas’ most talented artisans to show off their home and fashion wares at her Local-Global-Social Pop-Up Shop this Saturday, September 12.
“The idea started as clearing out my personal inventory from past design projects and blossomed into a pop-up shop featuring some of my favorite Texas creatives,” Morse says. From 9am to 3pm, shoppers can discover new and vintage furniture, custom art, collectibles, and apparel ranging in price from $25 to $2,000 at Acme Creation Lab in South Dallas. “Most of these vendors’ products are only available online or from personal collections,” Morse says. “So this is a huge opportunity for DFW design and home décor enthusiasts to get their hands on some truly unique items.”
Local Vendors (descriptions provided by Paige Morse Creative)
- Paige Morse Creative: Rich and colorful textiles such as pillows and rugs and design elements including furniture, dishware, collectibles, props, accessories, and more
- GAIA For Women: Globally sourced, vintage textiles repurposed into beautiful one-of-a-kind home and fashion accessories handmade by refugee women living in Dallas
- Hurd & Honey: Handmade, reclaimed wood décor
- Dalena Vintage: Stylish and perfectly preserved designer vintage clothing
- Ashlee McClung: Abstract paintings by the Dallas-area artist
- Project 4.30: Locally produced, handmade handbags and leatherworks
- Brad Hatton and Andrew Rodriguez: Handsome furnishings and accessories with an industrial vibe created by these two in-demand photo stylists
- SET & CO: Artisanal kitchen and home décor curated globally and sold locally at their beautiful, Oak Cliff shop
- Tobeto Design: Custom furniture made from salvaged wood and recycled materials