When you were a kid, December was the best, right? Your list of responsibilities included little more than making construction-paper-and-cotton-ball Santas, counting down the days til a sleigh-full of presents got deposited in your living room, and consuming hot chocolate in mass quantities.
But this time of year is considerably less cooler for adults, who get stuck with all the present-buying, feast-preparing, and work-deadline-meeting in the weeks leading up to Christmas. You’re going to need something a little stronger than a mug of steaming Swiss Miss to help get you through.
Therefore, may we present: The Peppermintini. It’s a frosty, sweet, and teeming with booze. In other words, it’s perfect.
Here’s what you’ll need to make two:
- 4 peppermint candy canes
- 3 Tbsp sugar + 2 Tbsp water
- 4 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
Here’s how you make it:
- Place candy canes or peppermint candies in resealable plastic bag and close. Pound with rolling pin until crushed.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons water in shallow bowl until well blended. Dip rim of glass in mixture, then into crushed candies to lightly coat.
- Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice. Add white chocolate liqueur, half-and-half, vanilla vodka, and peppermint extract; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Serve immediately.
*Recipe and image courtesy of A Spicy Perspective.