Throwing a dinner party for 10 of your chicest friends this weekend, and your all-white Crate and Barrel place settings just won’t pass muster? Never fear, this week’s tastemakers are coming to your rescue.
With resumes that include stints at Dallas’ second-largest catering business as well as renowned boutique hotels and restaurants including the Adolphus, the Melrose, and The Grape, Jami Goetze and Laurel Howell understand what it takes to pull off a beautiful, memorable event. The duo joined forces to open P.O.S.H. Couture Rentals, a luxury event rental company offering a selection of highly edited specialty china, chargers, glassware, flatware, chairs, and linens. But the real genius is in the P.O.S.H. mix. Taking a cue from the fashion world, Goetze and Howell take a high/low approach to setting the table by stocking a mix-and-match selection of chic classics, on-trend accents, and couture pieces (think 18-karat gold etched plates created by Italian artisans). Consider your dinner party problem solved…
We asked the stylish hospitality mavens to share a few of the things they can’t live without.
Herewith Laurel and Jami’s favorites:
- 1. Chanel Ballet Flats — pair with leggings to take things from function to extremely chic (not to mention comfortable).
- 2. AG Jeans — A daytime go-to with Joie shirts and flats. After work, I’ll switch to heels if I’m going out.
- 3. Plastic Envelopes — I use these as receipt holders for organization. If my handbag is not organized and clean, then I am a mess. Everything else in my life can be crazy but not by bag.
- 4. Magna Carta Holy Grail by Jay Z — My taste ranges from jazz to soul and pop, but right now I can’t take off this album by Jay Z.
- 5. Clinique Glosswear — These are all over my desk and in my handbag.
- 6. Magazines — I have around 300 all over my house, from Architectural Digest to Vogue – it’s how I stay inspired for my day job.
- 7. MoMA — We are homebodies. We like to go to the movies and swim in our pool. We go to DC many times during the year and go to the museums and go to New York every chance we get.
- 8. Wood-burning Pizza Oven — Our date nights are family nights. He’s a Chef and for a recent big anniversary we built a pizza oven in the backyard. I must say it is hard to find a restaurant to beat the food that is coming out of that oven!