Born and raised in the UK, Aftershock London’s US Director Imran Sheikh is our fair city’s latest import. Having been instrumental in selecting Dallas as the location for both the company’s flagship store and corporate headquarters, Sheikh moved here with his family determined to take the city by storm. Clearly it’s working, as the dapper transplant notes, “Dallas has welcomed both the business and me with open arms. I already feel at home.”
Herewith Imran’s 11 Favorite Things:
- 1. Viktor and Rolfe ‘Spicebomb’ cologne. It’s been my fragrance of choice for 2013 and I’m still loving it.
- 2. Tod’s shoes. I am determined to own every color.
- 3. Dolce and Gabbana Jeans. They fit perfectly and can be worn smart or casual equally well.
- 4. Cellphones. I still have my UK Blackberry and now also have an iPhone for my US number. They go everywhere I go.
- 5. My old DJ Headphones. They have been around the world with me.
- 6. Burgers. My guilty pleasure. Current Dallas fast food favourite is In-N-Out, and I love the gourmet creations from Meddlesome Moth.
- 7. Las Vegas. I loved it when I had to fly 11 hours to get there. Now only 2 hours away, I love it even more.
- 8. The English soccer team I’ve always supported – Liverpool Football Club. I’ll be a Red ‘till I die.
- 9. My Mattress. I don’t believe in compromising on the quality of something you spend nearly a third of your life on.
- 10. MontBlanc travel case. It loves to travel as much as me.
- 11. GQ. To sell style you have to understand style – irrespective of gender.