D Home intern Monica Lake is hitting up her favorite local home/gift/accessories stores with her shiny new Canon 6D (a recent college graduation gift) in tow. She’ll shop the store, snap some pictures, and report her five favorite things. Stay tuned each Friday (the office was closed last Friday, so we’re playing catch up today) for her picks. For her second post in the series, she shops Napa Home for the perfect housewarming gifts.
By Monica Lake
Summer is in full swing and ‘tis the season to be moving. Maybe that house next door finally sold or your best friend decided that she needed something bigger, but either way you know you need to find a housewarming gift that will score you an invite for some margs by her new pool this summer.
If you want to make a statement bigger than a mediocre plate of brownies that will undoubtedly go stale, but a statement smaller than a new puppy, pop into Napa Home on Oak Lawn for the perfect housewarming gift. Jump for the details.
1) Picture frames are always a safe bet, as long as you pick one that’s simple, classic, and not too trendy. Any of Napa Home’s frames are sure to fit in with all types of decor (from $45-$85).
2) The simple Mud Australia trays, which are dishwasher, oven, and microwaveable safe, would be a perfect accent to any table. Each piece is hand made to order, so you know you’re giving them something special ($150).
3) These fun lacquer coasters come in orange, black, and rosewood, so you can choose according to their style and still give them a modern touch ($140).
4) Men might not understand why women love trays so much, but we can’t help it. These colorful ceramic dish trays are perfect for anything from holding jewelry to serving cheese and fruit. You can’t go wrong ($75 each).
5) Everyone wants their home to smell nice. Saint Parfum diffusers ($75) and candles ($50) come in a variety of unique flavors like white tea, Sakura blossom and lychee (no idea what that is, but it smells fabulous), tomato vine, and Anjou pear.